Don't know how to connect my subs??

EskimoMice
10+ year member

I got 3 12" W0-D4's and I don't know how to connect them to my JL 500/1 so that I don't go over 4 ohms and stay less than 1.5 ohms (really want 2 ohms). Could you guys give me some info and maybe a diagram on how to set this up so that I don't fry my amp, I'm kinda new at this. Thanks all.

-Joon

uh, I guess I should be surprised that I didn't find the info I'm looking for on this guy Zane's page. I'll assume that he's the man with all the knowledge and stuff. So, I'll ask the question one more time::

I have (3) JLW0-D4's and am aiming for 2-4ohm load to my JL500/1 amp. Are there any powering problems with setting up the subs like this: one in series with two in parallel??

+----sub----+

---sub----+ +-----------

+----sub----+

Will this setup cause more power to go into the sub in series?? or will the power distribution be equal?? Can I even do this?? This setup if it's possible will give me a load of 2.67 Ohms which is what I want. Thanks to all who help. This is my first system I've built. Thanks again.

-Joon

i had three 12w0's running of a PG XS2500 amp. run them parallel and bridge the amp. positive from amp into positive from frist sub. then negative of first sub to positive of second sub. then negative of second sub to positive of third sub. then negative of third back to negative of the amp. someone correct me if Im wrong. but thats how I did it and it worked very well. (and very liud) good luck

uh, JL's website has info for 3 SVC JLW0-D4's in parallel but that sets me at 1.33 Ohms load to my JL500/1 amp and the JL's site says ic can handle 1.5 ohms minimum. I don't want to risk anything or go through an imbarassing experience when my amp shuts off as I pull up to a stop light. So, Is the setup of 2 4ohm subs in series and those in parallel with 1 4ohm sub safe?? R there any powering problems, like will one sub get more power than the others?? If you need a picture of how the subs will be hooked up if I use this layout, download it right below. I'd appreciate an answer that doesn't involve links. thanks.

3 subs.bmp

Attachments

• 3 subs.bmp
    0 bytes · Views: 45
Run all 3 subs in series, that should yield a 2.6 ohm load if I am not mistaken. If you don't know how to wire them in series, then you will have to look it up through a link somewhere. It's too confusing to try and explain it through text.

go back to zane's site and click on the tech page...then click on the link for the tech infomation.....from there scroll down on the side of the page till you get to the search engine and search for series wiring and it should bring up a link that explains many diff wiring options and explains the diff ohm loads....good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.