Does shape matter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nickexpy
10+ year member

I have a Diamond D3 12" dual 4ohm sub. On the website it recommends a box that is pretty much rectangular and slot ported. In my expedition, I want to retain the use of my third row. In this case I was hoping to build a box that resembled more of a truck wedge style box so that I could flip up the third row seat. For this to be possible, the box needs to be far wider then deep to get my

2 cubic feet. For the port I was going to use the bottom of the box as a port wall, using the complete width. Does this seem like it would work? I'm just curios if the depth behind the magnet will play a negative part in the sound or if I will have to live without my thrid row. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

as long as you have the correct air space and port size it should be fine. the shorter you make the box the longer you have to make it.Same for the port the more you alter it the more you have to redesign it. as long as the sub fits and the box can still be made to spec it will do fine

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I just did not want to go through the motions of building it to find out it completely ****** because I didn't ask questions first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.