does box size matter for sealed or ported

Beermakesmehoppy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to know if size matter when making a sealed or ported box?

If I was making a thin box, could I still port it? what is the difference between ported boxes and sealed ones? when would you choose one over the other? what does dividing a box into two chambers do?

thanks

Jon

Yes, size definately does matter, especially with ported if you want to tune it to the right frequency. Ported is louder, sealed is more for sound quality. If you have two subs in a box and divide them so they have their own chamber it allows one to keep playing without blowing if the other one blows.

size matters for both....always build within man. specs.

volume dictates port length, size and tunning frequency

the blown sub is not really playing when it blows, it just moves with the compressions and rarefractions, you still only have the power of one, and the blown one with usually sound pretty bad. I dont ever recomend running 2 subs in the same air....but a lot of people do, its juts a personal opinion although it is probably the more common approach.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.