Does anyone make a true 4 Channel X-over?

Oak244
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
Has any decent company ever made a true 4 Channel Crossover that has crossover points for High, Mid, Midbass, and Sub? I know I can do this by getting an outboard crossover and use it with the crossovers in my Eclipse 8053 cd player, but it would be almost easier to fine tune if they all Crossed in one unit, plus reduce the amount of RCA's running from front to back!

Anything cheaper? I mean almost $600 for a crossover and yet another face plate is way too much. I just want a trunk mounted one.

use an alpine HU with a built in 3 way crossover. or whatever brand you want so long as it has the 3 way crossover.

set the sub crossover to 250hz.

now use the amplifier's crossovers. attach the subwoofer signal to the midbass and subwoofer amps. use the lowpass filter on the amp for the woofer. use the highpass for the midbass.

now you have the basic crossover set up. no extra equipment other then the amplifiers.

Ok I have that. I have a Eclipse CD-8053 with a 3 way crossover built in. My Subwoofer amp is a US Amps USA-900x and my midbass amp is a Us Amps USA-600x.

Yeah I checked and my 300x and 600x only have lowpass filters, and only the 400x has the ability to do low or high pass, so the amp crossover idea would not work.

use an alpine HU with a built in 3 way crossover. or whatever brand you want so long as it has the 3 way crossover.
set the sub crossover to 250hz.

now use the amplifier's crossovers. attach the subwoofer signal to the midbass and subwoofer amps. use the lowpass filter on the amp for the woofer. use the highpass for the midbass.

now you have the basic crossover set up. no extra equipment other then the amplifiers.
That's pretty much it, but you'd be better off splitting the Mid RCAs, that way you can EQ your midbass aswell... then use the LPF on the midbass amp and and HP the midranges with it's amp's crossover.

which is exactly what I'm doing with my 8053 right now, which with my eD amps limits my mid bass to mid range corssover point to 240Hz, which is a little lower than I wanted to go, but it's working out fine.

I would like to, but my US Amps 300x and 600x only have lowpass crossovers. So the 600x which will run the midbass drivers can not be crossed high to run the midbass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.