does anyone have bodykit experience?

Doberdad
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
gb wi
im ordering a bodykit and am installing it myself. i am going to school for auto body repair, so i should have the skills and tools to do it myself. has anyone installed one or know anything about fitment or anything like that? any tips appreciated

im ordering a bodykit and am installing it myself. i am going to school for auto body repair, so i should have the skills and tools to do it myself. has anyone installed one or know anything about fitment or anything like that? any tips appreciated
98 CHEVY cavalier!! No rice , just good ol fashion bumpin tunes
Da, da, da... Another one bites the dust! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

It all depends on who you are getting the kit from..

Erebuni?sp? sometimes has fitting problems..

... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It all depends on who you are getting the kit from..
Exactly. Depends one the place. Places with better reputations are sometimes more expensive. Check out http://www.j-body.org and look around in the pictures and media forum over there to see what kits are available for your cavy. I would recommend the Drift kit or the Type J from RKSport, but there's a lot to choose from.

I'm assuming that since your going to school for auto body repair that you've already decided to mold to sideskirts into the side instead of just bolting them on...Looks so much more trick and its not that hard; just a lil bondo and some heavy and light grit sandpaper. Good luck and post some pics after its done.

Adding a little bondo like j3bus2k3 said will work for like 2 weeks then it will crack out. Especially if you use regular body filler bondo. Ideally you would have to rivet your sideskirt on and drill holes on both the sideskirt and the metal above your sideskirt. Then you would use something such as bondo glass or fiberglass to lay over the sideskirt and metal. The holes would allow the bondo glass to seep in and grab on to something. You then sand and then lay some bondo and repeat until smooth.

I made the mistake of buying a cheap e-bay bodykit and therefore it fit crappy, it was thin as he%$, and a waste of money and time. Trust me either go polyurethane or go with a good fiberglass body kit. You get what you pay for. It will make it a lot easier.

they are extremely easy to put on as long as they fit right. and make sure if you rivet anything that your rivets line up and are spaced evenle...if not it looks like total sh*t.

how did your ebay kit end up working? do you still have it on? can anyone reccomend somewhere to get a decent quality fiberglass for not too crazy of a price?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.