Does anyone have a subwoofer wiring diagram over four subs?

brownm3

I have been contemplating getting either 5 or 6 subwoofers. So I am trying to estimate what ohm load (series or parallel) that would be in order to plan for sub, amplifier and box build cost.

I am currently interested in:

5 subwoofers DVC (2 ohm)

6 subwoofers DVC (2 ohm)

Currently have 2 subwoofers DVC (2 ohm), so please do not recommend switching to SVC or 4 ohm subs. Thanks.

For an impedance in series, you add them up. For an impedance in parallel, you add up the reciprocals of the impedances. Fairly simple. Technically, for impedance, it's not quite that easy, but you don't have to worry about phase shifting when hooking up subs.

it is simple mathaddition and division

if ya cant figure it out then IMO you have no business doing it yourself and need to pay someone to do it for you...
yeah cuz posting on a car audio forum is the wrong place for him to be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

parallel you divide the coils ohms by how many coils IE:

4 coils at 4 ohms (2dvc 4 subs ) 4/4=1...

series you add them up ..so:

4+4+4+4 = 16...

series parallel is addition and division...

so 4+4 for series per sub = 8 per sub then parallel them together for 8/2 = 4 ohms..

or parallel 1st then series:

4/2= 2 then 2+2 = 4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

any questions?

Thanks to those that provided helpful information. I will be having a "professional" do my installs but I am doing this research for pricing purposes. I would rather do the leg work regarding the power and load requirements, so I can price my equipment without being subject to shady sales people.

I have been contemplating getting either 5 or 6 subwoofers. So I am trying to estimate what ohm load (series or parallel) that would be in order to plan for sub, amplifier and box build cost.
I am currently interested in:

5 subwoofers DVC (2 ohm)

6 subwoofers DVC (2 ohm)

Currently have 2 subwoofers DVC (2 ohm), so please do not recommend switching to SVC or 4 ohm subs. Thanks.

Try this site out Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Fraction to Decimal, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume Calculators

you can check out sonic electronics find your subs,and find the wiring diagram you need for the ohms value needed for your application,print it out,and take it to the vehicle and wire it up?????Hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.