Does Anybody Know About Morel Renaissance SR-6.3 Components???

I like morel drivers, but I would stay away from Morel USA as a company... as far as you can.

Go to morelhifi.com and see the real Morel car line...

Morel Israel is the driver maker... Morel USA has some weird grandfather right to sell some spekaers in this dountry with the name, and some are "Morel" and some seem to not be... anyway, Morel the real company is pretty obvi by their website.

Long story short, two cousins (or brothers, whichever) ran Morel Isreal. One of them came to the US to act as a distributor for the Morel Israel products, which is when/how Morel USA was formed. Somewhere along the lines, the two cousins (brothers?) had a falling out, and Morel USA (which at the time was still just a distributor for Morel Israel) broke off from it's Israeli counterpart. The story is the same from both sides up to here. Beyond this point, their stories differ.....but, basically, they both claimed to have the rights to the speaker designs, so Morel USA started producing essentially the same speakers under the Morel USA name.

This debate has gone on for ages now (who has the rights, who is the "real" Morel since Morel USA was started by one of the former owners of Morel Israel).......but all that is really important is that they are both good companies, and both produce good products.

Quote squeak9798:

Long story short, two cousins (or brothers, whichever) ran Morel Isreal. One of them came to the US to act as a distributor for the Morel Israel products, which is when/how Morel USA was formed. Somewhere along the lines, the two cousins (brothers?) had a falling out, and Morel USA (which at the time was still just a distributor for Morel Israel) broke off from it's Israeli counterpart. The story is the same from both sides up to here. Beyond this point, their stories differ.....but, basically, they both claimed to have the rights to the speaker designs, so Morel USA started producing essentially the same speakers under the Morel USA name.

This debate has gone on for ages now (who has the rights, who is the "real" Morel since Morel USA was started by one of the former owners of Morel Israel).......but all that is really important is that they are both good companies, and both produce good products.

X2

Many lengthy older posts on this subject. The "feud" has nothing to do with the quality of products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.