Dodge SST Vs. 2000 Honda Civic EX

spitfirees20
10+ year member

i have the re boner
Not sure if this is the right section or not, but it's talking about a race, if not mods please remove.

My friends are having a race tomorrow night, on a small strip of highway with no cars at all (we live in a very rural area, please don't lecture me on the ethics of streetracing). Anyways, I'm lost as to what the outcome is going to be. There will be 2 races, 1 from a dig and 1 rolling about 30 mph. The two cars are a 1998 dodge ram sst, with the 5.9 V8, around 250 hp and 325 torque, and a 2000 honda civic EX 2 door coupe 5 speed. Now, this seems like a no brainer. I come from a car family, work on cars, and am in the process of building a jeep up. However, I just drove the civic ex today, and it's quick (fast, no. I'm not a ricer, I know fast, and this is quick at best). I rode in the ram yesterday, and it had torque for days, but I couldn't really get a good read on the speedometer. The civic is light, and revs to high hell; the dodge is heavier, but severly destroys the civc in engine. My question: what do you think the outcome of both races will be?

Also, the stats on the civic are:

2000 Honda Civic EX Coupe 8.4 16.7

a.k.a., not fast. If anybody has specs on the dodge, it would be greatly appreciated.

No, the ram is an automatic (4 speed I'm assuming), and the civic ex is a standard (5 speed). My guess is that the civic will have it off the line, then the dodge will catch up and take over.

i think that the porshe Gt would win but not by much. and the civic is a 4 banger.... so i dunno. tough to pick one or the other but start the civic then ram at the end, then Gt would jsut stomp them .

slicks? any mods? fat drivers? are they white? any weight issues? any reason this is on a caraudio forum?
no slicks on either, not fat drivers or weight issues, they are white, and this is under the performance section, I didn't know where else to ask it and this is the only forum I frequent, it can be moved if necessary.

dont be surprised if the dodge takes it off the line, assumin it connects...

Ive seen plenty of full sizes take cars off the lines, thats what the torque is for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Now get up into the higher RPMs is where the civic will take the race

Not sure if this is the right section or not, but it's talking about a race, if not mods please remove.
My friends are having a race tomorrow night, on a small strip of highway with no cars at all (we live in a very rural area, please don't lecture me on the ethics of streetracing). Anyways, I'm lost as to what the outcome is going to be. There will be 2 races, 1 from a dig and 1 rolling about 30 mph. The two cars are a 1998 dodge ram sst, with the 5.9 V8, around 250 hp and 325 torque, and a 2000 honda civic EX 2 door coupe 5 speed. Now, this seems like a no brainer. I come from a car family, work on cars, and am in the process of building a jeep up. However, I just drove the civic ex today, and it's quick (fast, no. I'm not a ricer, I know fast, and this is quick at best). I rode in the ram yesterday, and it had torque for days, but I couldn't really get a good read on the speedometer. The civic is light, and revs to high hell; the dodge is heavier, but severly destroys the civc in engine. My question: what do you think the outcome of both races will be?
250hp from a 5.9L? if thats true dodge=teh *****!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.