Dodge Dakota Build Log

Still keeping an eye on your build' date='I'm about ready to do something crazy with my system.[/quote']
glad to hear!

I actually did some grinding and sanding on the right door pod today but its still too weak so it needs atleast 2 more layers. its only has about 2-3 right now. Ive only got enough resin left for 1 more layer =/:mad:

As for the bass topic... I really wanna get the other sundown in there soon but im just not sure how that 18" MT will handle it.

If i blare the single 1500 i can smell the coil cook a bit( possibly due to mad clippage ) but at frequencies below 25hz or so i can get the sub to bottom out. Might be time for a new box?

Not sure which way i want to swing get but ill definitely be building a new amp rack to house these babies and re arrange some things.

I might possibly have the funds for a HO alt depending on how things go in the next 2 weeks.

ill try to get pics or vids if i can soon

got whatever resin i had left and used chopped strand matt instead of weaved this time. It should hold alot stronger in the areas I laid it in and maybe i wont have to go out and get more Resin. Got atleast 2-3 layers in areas that needed it and 1 in all the others.

I didnt put too much hardener in because i wanted more time to work it in but i mixed it pretty well. Doesnt look like its gonna dry anytime soon though =/ ill find out in a few hours.

picture079vy8.jpg

picture080jj7.jpg

picture081mv4.jpg

picture082td8.jpg

messy work indeed

argh progess is ever so slow =/

Im starting to have new visions. Im picturing a Whole new build setup coming as soon as funds are available.

This will most likely include

-A pillar tweeter pods

-New speaker door pods ( again ) Just 2x 6.5's, no tweets

-Battery Rack

-Amp Rack

-New Sub Box

I still need to take care of the power issue somehow, my electrical isnt strong enough anymore:laugh:

This is gonna cost me a good bit over 600$ more so ima have to save up for a while

Trying to sell my 18mt + box (local) so i can buy me 2x15's =)

Each 15 will have its own saz-1500 on it (0.5ohms) if i can manage with upgrade electrical

for subs im thinking DD 3515's

Not sure on box design or type yet but i have a few ideas.

Ill toss some designs up once i get my old computer up and working again.

I have around 10.5 cubes to work with - displacement

any suggestions?

hey fellas, i need some help on designing the box.

I want to build the amp rack on top so that means the 2x15's would go in the front.

What i need help with is where to face the **** aeros

Aeros facing forward with speakers or aeros facing the side(door) ?

do subs facing forward with the aeros facing sideways, or will that not fit
They will fit both ways, im just wondering how loud it would get firing the port right into the door

Lookin awesome so far.
BUT

You need to get some new rims on that thing! I hated those rims when they were on my Durango!

rims = $ that i dont have lol

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

maybe some day though. Its still a semi work truck that i have to take off roading every once in a while so i dont mind having these on there for now

So i was bored and strapped both sundows today at 1ohm final(.5 each).

my poor car just didnt have enough power to give em the juice they needed.

So im pretty set on wanting to run them at 1ohm each when i get the 15's instead of 0.5 each

now i need to go deal some drugs so i can save up money! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

So i was bored and strapped both sundows today at 1ohm final(.5 each).

my poor car just didnt have enough power to give em the juice they needed.

So im pretty set on wanting to run them at 1ohm each when i get the 15's instead of 0.5 each

now i need to go deal some drugs so i can save up money! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
X2!

Awesome so far dude. Just one thing that bothers me is the wire ties on the ends of all your wires. Is it just holding the techflex on? That looks soooooo ghetto. Get yourself some heat shrink tubing and get rid of the ties. Not to be overly critical but exposed wire ties and screws really bother me, but thats just my opinion.LOL I am surprised no one else ragged on them yet.LOL Keep it up Dude I can't wait to see pics of it finished.

Awesome so far dude. Just one thing that bothers me is the wire ties on the ends of all your wires. Is it just holding the techflex on? That looks soooooo ghetto. Get yourself some heat shrink tubing and get rid of the ties. Not to be overly critical but exposed wire ties and screws really bother me, but thats just my opinion.LOL I am surprised no one else ragged on them yet.LOL Keep it up Dude I can't wait to see pics of it finished.

The techflex is held in place with electrical tape. I only put zipties over the electrical tape to ensure that it doesnt come loose when it gets warm.

I guarantee you that my tape an zipties will hold stronger than heatshrink, even if it doesnt look as pretty

Dude this **** is pretty sick. I own a Dodge dakota 2000 extended cab 2 door. Iv got 2 12" audiopulse revos in there on about 3k and i had some insane flex. Box was 6 cubes tuned to ~29-30 hz. Burped 143.7 on 37hz downfiring. Just remade the box to 4.25 cubes at 35 hz. havent gotten a chance to burp yet tho. Ill get some vids up asap also going to try subs up port up and see how it goes for me. Thanks alot for keepin such a detailed build log great work keep it up!

i haven't check this thread out in a while

i do think the door pods will look better with out the tweets

keep up the good work

your skills are improving greatly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.