Do they rattle cause they're new?

kuijo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
I got some new subs i put in a minute ago. ANd now that they're in they can play notes just fine. But if they try to hit they rattle. Do i need to break them in? Or did i ****ing something up?

THanks for your time

~MIke

it sounds like little rocks are on top of the cone and when it hits it'll rattle.

if i pull it out of the box and let it hit it doesn't rattle.

hm sounds like the coil is messed up it kinda sounds like whta happend to my R type it went with the music and all but it crackles like tehre is sumething in the sub

is there anyone i can look at the coil and check? it doesn't rattle at all if i take it out of the box.

like 10 volts at 2 ohms x 2 channels. Ive turned the gains up and down and even at low gains it rattles.

i think i know....do you have them in a proper enclosure...because subs only rattle when they are in free air...and if ur enclosure is messed up then thats probably the reason

the box is completly sealed .75cf. Could a gap between the sub mounting and the box cause a rattle form the sub?

well if its completely sealed and theres no holes, then the enclosure is not the problem....if its a ported enclosure and ur sub not suppose to be in a ported enclosure, then that might be the problem.

buh besides that i dont know why its rattleing...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.