Do I REALLY need a 4 gauge amp installation kit for this amp?

joem1cha3l
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Manufacturer suggest a 4 gauge install kit for the MTX RT500D. If so, can you guys recommend a budget friendly kit?

Or can I just pick up some 4 Ga. wire at the local Lowes/Home Depot for the power and ground? Im using a LOC so I wont need the RCAs or Remote

It says you need the whole kit. Power and ground wire. RCA remote fuse and holder. Don't buy a cca 4 gauge kit. Usually they are garbage and under sized wire. That amp needs a true 4 gauge ofc wire kit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ponder.gif.ec2527b23f1d287b60dcbba54f95edba.gif

You need to kit don't buy a cca kit 4 gauge cca wire is pretty much useless
most kits are crap and you know it, I mean look at the first link OP posted. Good 4ga CCA is typically oversized and will handle 1000watt systems. For OP's case, it will be more than good enough.

most kits are crap and you know it' date=' I mean look at the first link OP posted. Good 4ga CCA is typically oversized and will handle 1000watt systems. For OP's case, it will be more than good enough.[/quote']
Actually it won't. I've seen those kits. The wire is actually 10 gauge cca. Total garbage

Thoughts on this? Again, im using an amp with a built in LOC so I dont need the remote wire or RCAs. But if you still insist on a kit...
EFX 4-gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit Power and signal connections for your new amp at Crutchfield.com
Nice kit. But pricey $60 is generally a good price for a 4 gauge ofc kit that's what I sell mine for when I have 4 gauge wire. You need 17' power 3' ground 17' RCA and 17' remote with the fuse and block and terminals on the power and ground wires

Actually it won't. I've seen those kits. The wire is actually 10 gauge cca. Total garbage
I agree.

When I said 4ga CCA I'm talking about brands like Knu Koncepts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.