Do I Need To Upgrade My Electrical?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
Do I Need To Upgrade My Electrical if im going to be running a 2k amp in my car? i have a Nissan Versa 08 hatch and wanting to get a sq HDC3 and maybe a BASS CLEF SERIES BC2000D to run it. As im closing into getting everything custom box and everything i see people upgrading their electrical. alternator and a Separate battery or is that for like the more hardcore sounds? or would my stock alternator be sufficient? would my car blow up and make a hole in the earth?

I'd say you'd probably need to. Most cars adding anything more than 1000 "real" watts will cause electrical issues. If it were me, i'd do the big 3 when you do your system making sure that your grounds are as solid as possible. Then go from there.

iv seen people say "the big 3" but have no idea what that is? electrical meaning like dimming lights? and maybe cluster and hu dim?

The big 3 is upgrading your charging cables under the hood that go to your alternator and grounds to the battery and engine block. There's a sticky on it in the forum. But yes, i'd be willing to bet you'll have dimming lights inside and out. But like i said, do your system with upgraded charging cables and if your voltage still drops a lot then look to do your alternator and possibly a battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.