Do I need an HO Alternator?

eztrez2013

I have a 2014 Infinity Q50 AWD Sport. Stock Alt I believe is 150 Amp.

Running RF T1500bdcp at 1 ohm to (2) SA12's

Running Hertz HDP4 to Hertz HI-Energy 3 Ways & a set of hi-energy rear fill coax. All brilliantly tuned by a Bit One

Coming this week:

Kinetic hc1400 in front hc600 in the back.

Big 3(4-Inc Alt Neg to chassis) done in 0/1 guage.

I have a fair amount of dimming from my non-led (license, map, sill) lights now.

I have been shopping for a HO alternator, but apparently there isn't one available yet.

Will I or should I still need a HO Alternator?

Anyone out there have a contact for me? This car has the same motor, drivetrain.. pretty much everything except sheetmetal as the G37. Anyone know if the alternators are interchangeable as well?

Thanks in advance for any responses

That's the plan, but I may want to upgrade later so still planning on doing the alt. Was hoping to see if anyone had any input on that as well. Is my alternator interchangeable with the Infiniti G37 or do I just have to wait?

I'd say yes you do. Not sure that we at singer alts have one for you. But I can check if you like. Send me a pm with your car specs Your rf amp does well over 2200 rms. and is power hungry btw The hc 1400 under the hood will be fine. But you'll need more battery juice than that hc600

Thanks guys, I would love some assistance. Which car specs do you need? I have a 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport. It is essentially a re-branding of the G37. I know there are available alts for that, just not sure if it's the same part or not.

In the short term it should run fairly well, especially at low-moderate volume.

But when you're blasting it that's a LOT of current draw -- 70A continuous, bursts to ~220A.

That's a ton no matter how you look at it.

I wouldn't expect a long happy life out of your stock alt.

I'd stay on the hunt for something. If nothing else just to find out what options you have.

You might even try a local/regional auto electric shop. If they're good they might be able to take a compatible salvage part and custom rebuild it for what you need.

I have a 2014 Infinity Q50 AWD Sport. Stock Alt I believe is 150 Amp.
Running RF T1500bdcp at 1 ohm to (2) SA12's

Running Hertz HDP4 to Hertz HI-Energy 3 Ways & a set of hi-energy rear fill coax. All brilliantly tuned by a Bit One

Coming this week:

Kinetic hc1400 in front hc600 in the back.

Big 3(4-Inc Alt Neg to chassis) done in 0/1 guage.

I have a fair amount of dimming from my non-led (license, map, sill) lights now.

I have been shopping for a HO alternator, but apparently there isn't one available yet.

Will I or should I still need a HO Alternator?

Anyone out there have a contact for me? This car has the same motor, drivetrain.. pretty much everything except sheetmetal as the G37. Anyone know if the alternators are interchangeable as well?

Thanks in advance for any responses
If you can get me a part number and pic of the stock alt it will help

View attachment 26547394Product Information

Technical Details

OK, so through work I have access to a parts database and this is what it shows. I will call Infiniti parts dept today to confirm the part number.

Brand Infiniti

Item Weight 10 pounds

Manufacturer Part Number 23100JK01A

Hollander Number 601-50175

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.