Do I need a HO alternator? Ligths Dim

Participant count
  • Participant list

kevin25
10+ year member

Michigan
I have a JL 1000/1 on a 12w7 with a JL 300/2 on 6.5 comps

I have done the big three with 0 gauge and have two kinetik 1400, one under the hood and one in the back grounded to the chasis.

I have the lights diming and beating with the music. I have not tested the voltage as i am going to when I get a chance.

I have a 2004 dodge neon. My question is do I need a HO alternator and if so I can not find one anywhere. Please tell me where I can pick up one and what amps I need

Your factory alt might be a little weak. With that power you shouldnt have dimming, but the slash amps draw a bit of current. 160 amp should be enough if they make it for the neon, if not most make a 200 amp. Knukonceptz are fairly affordable and come with a year warranty, they are less than 250.00. Excessive Amperage or Ohio gen will cost 4-500.00

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.