Do away with rear speakers?? Really?

jt34237
10+ year member

This is something that I've heard ALOT of since I've joined this forum and started doing some reading and I'm debating wether I should do this or not. It's hard to consider my car without rear speakers but if I can do without and still have it sound good then why not? Now my understanding is that if I do go this route then I need to have a good amount of money set aside for good comps for the front. Right now I'm looking at Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.1 5 1/4 and I've read that CDT component speakers are awesome as well. I'm going to be running off an alpine deck and will no doubt be getting an amp to power the set. Just in case it matters I listen to house, trance, breabeats, and rock. At this point as far as the bass goes I'm looking into getting 1 12 in Alpine Type R sub with a 500 Watt Mono amp to start with. I'm more into SQ rather then SPL but do want feel some bass, some of the music I listen to does have some pretty sick bass lines.

My goal: a well balanced system!!

Budget: No more then 400 on component speakers... even thats pushin it... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oh I should mention to that I do drive a small car... a geo prizm.

Thanks!

For the price you'll pay for a Type R, you can find much better sound quality woofers for a similar price. Look into Image Dynamics ID series.

I don't agree with doing away with rear speakers personally, but it depends I guess. I've tried it in vehicles and idk, I prefer the rear "fill". Could just be a psychological thing, tho.

Thanks everyone.... Any thoughts on the speakers I mentioned? CDT? Infinity Comps? Any other subwoofer suggestions? Oh and I have 5 1/4 openings in my front doors what would I be looking at as far as price to have it made into a 6 1/2 in. space? What it be worth it to do this? What is a good review site for speakers? I've been to testfreaks.com, amazon.com, and bestbuy.com for reviews... is there any other site? Yes this it a lot of questions but knowledge is power! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.