DIYCable

I got their first gen mids a few years back and couldn't be happier. I don't recall a ton of communication, but the product is outstanding.
This for sure. I've emailed them with no response like 4 times over 2 months. Finally said screw it, I'll take a chance. When I ordered I asked for a phone number in the purchasing comments, and only thing I got in the shipping email was a tracking number and a "Thank you". Still don't know how to contact them if anything goes wrong.

No, he doesn't....but neither do most other ''manufacturers"....not sure what else to call him since it's his product manufactured to his specs.
I see.

Despite his arrogant and condescending attitude towards me and practically everyone else in the field, I still offered him help with his "design dilemma" that sunk him the first time. Hopefully that episode humbled him a bit, although I doubt it.

This for sure. I've emailed them with no response like 4 times over 2 months. Finally said screw it, I'll take a chance. When I ordered I asked for a phone number in the purchasing comments, and only thing I got in the shipping email was a tracking number and a "Thank you". Still don't know how to contact them if anything goes wrong.
Well I've been running a pair of channels from Zed Leviathan into mine for a few years now with never a complaint, and those are the old ones (with the neo motor and phase plug). The build quality is terriffic and they sound quite nice, I'd think you'd have to be awful abusive to hurt these or especially the new ones.

Also some legit people on forums have been using those mids and nobody has cried foul on them yet that I've seen.

[quote name='hispls']Well I've been running a pair of channels from Zed Leviathan into mine for a few years now with never a complaint, and those are the old ones (with the neo motor and phase plug). The build quality is terriffic and they sound quite nice, I'd think you'd have to be awful abusive to hurt these or especially the new ones.

Also some legit people on forums have been using those mids and nobody has cried foul on them yet that I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that man, I just shipped a couple things to Vertex Audio to use their trade-in program and get a Levi. Will be bridging a pair of channels and running it as a 4 channel for about 300W@8ohms on tap for each. An I've read that they are very tough to hurt, I mean in his free-air videos he says he runs a 1k monoblock to them and that's where it begins to bottom out. They're response graph is very good as well. Actually, I'm pretty sure @ciaonzo said he was using them free-air in his doors (doors sealed though) and loved them.

Really I'm not worried about me hurting them, I'm worried about either shipping or factory defects. If I get them in good condition, I should be ok.

I was going to tell you I emailed him about that shiva and he did respond and said it would be shipped with 48 hrs upon payment
And you just used the email address on the website? He never got back to me with that.

I was going to tell you I emailed him about that shiva and he did respond and said it would be shipped with 48 hrs upon payment
And you just used the email address on the website? He never got back to me with that.

yeah this was two days ago though, he said that the company is a part time job and that he cant really take calls during the day but assured me I would get the sub shipped within 48 hours

Well even though I never heard anything from him, I took a chance and ordered. The mids were shipped out 2 days later, and took a week to get here. Arrived in great condition, nothing wrong with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gckless

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
gckless
San Antonio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date