distribution blocks...one of my many noob questions

Lonnie
10+ year member

6'6 White Giant
OK how do these work exactly? I mean...well I got a AP15001d but the biggest wire that can be used on it is 2 gauge. How would I go about making 0 gauge wire work on it? I got 50ft of 0 gauge wire that I picked up off of ebay...using some to do the big 3...IF I can figure out a couple things. So yea while your reading this I will ask another question or 2.

1. 0 gauge and 1/0 gauge is the same right?

2. Do I have to take the un-used factory wires out from under the hood after I upgrade it to 0 gauge? Kinda afraid to start yanking since my luck *****...

3. But yea like i said...how do I make a 2 gauge slot fit 0 gauge?

OK how do these work exactly? I mean...well I got a AP15001d but the biggest wire that can be used on it is 2 gauge. How would I go about making 0 gauge wire work on it? I got 50ft of 0 gauge wire that I picked up off of ebay...using some to do the big 3...IF I can figure out a couple things. So yea while your reading this I will ask another question or 2.
1. 0 gauge and 1/0 gauge is the same right?

2. Do I have to take the un-used factory wires out from under the hood after I upgrade it to 0 gauge? Kinda afraid to start yanking since my luck *****...

3. But yea like i said...how do I make a 2 gauge slot fit 0 gauge?
1. Yes

2. No, leave the stock wires

3. Either strip some of the strands to get it to fit, or buy some reducers

wire is not just wire. the more expensive you buy the better really.
I suppose according to you, Monster wire is the best you can buy then?

shouldnt have any problem fitting that wire into the amp, like i said unless you buy quality 0 gauge ur usually buying a lot of jacket and little wire.

My guess is that that stuff is so undersized it's probably about 2 gauge, so you won't have a problem fitting it in your terminals
IMG_3254.jpg

First roll of 0 gauge wire ive ever bought. So yea nothing much to compare it to...so yea their ya go lol.

Off to work I go...

TTT

Only reason im bumping is cause im kinda curious if thats similar to the upper brand wires in terms of it being true 0 gauge or not. Plus if its not maybe I can ***** enough to where I can get a partial refund due to false advertisement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Lonnie

10+ year member
6'6 White Giant
Lonnie
Paducah, Kentucky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date