Distortion please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list
That's exactly what should have happened. The next thing I would try (because it's the cheapest fix) is change the RCA's (of you haven't already).
So, the chain goes head unit, into that RCU, into the LOC, into the amplifier right? If that's the case, I think it's the LOC to be honest. I've never personally used a line out converter, but from what I've read over the years is they are very temperamental and usually hit or miss.
That is how the chain goes so.the right side is doing the same thing now gonna unhook everything and just try running it off the factory amp again tonight I'll let you know how it goes. I will also try to r ecord another video and post it here so.you can hear it the video I have is to large to post.

That is how the chain goes so.the right side is doing the same thing now gonna unhook everything and just try running it off the factory amp again tonight I'll let you know how it goes. I will also try to r ecord another video and post it here so.you can hear it the video I have is to large to post.

Attachments

• 20210718_185512.mp4
    27.3 MB
Ran out of daylight today I was on the lake later than expected I will.definitly take the loc out tomorrow hook it all up how it originally was and let yall know what happens. Shouldn't matter if I Just use the new speaker wires that I ran though right? the ones that are already hooked up to the aftermarket speakers and hook those up to the factory amp in place of the ones that run to the speakers Originally though right? cause it would be a real pain to have to un solder those wires and solder the old old wires onto the aftermarket speakers. The reason I am askingThough is because I am not sure if the Factory wires go from the RCU and then split and go to the speakers And the head unit to retain the fader balance controls. I guess this is the only way this would make sense in my mind anyways. I will follow the Wires tomorrow to see which way they go but The other option is to just have all 3 ends of the wires in each of the wire nuts like I do now. Because the wire coming off of the RCUAnd the wires that go to the speakers/ Head unit and the wires that lead to the LOC are in the wire nut right now. Do you think this is what is causing the problem? Just asking before I rip everything apart tomorrow because I'm fed up with everything not working and I will get it working if it's the last thing I do! However I would like less work if at all possible haha and thank you so much for all of your guys's help and advice it is greatly appreciated!!!

Ran out of daylight today I was on the lake later than expected I will.definitly take the loc out tomorrow hook it all up how it originally was and let yall know what happens. Shouldn't matter if I Just use the new speaker wires that I ran though right? the ones that are already hooked up to the aftermarket speakers and hook those up to the factory amp in place of the ones that run to the speakers Originally though right? cause it would be a real pain to have to un solder those wires and solder the old old wires onto the aftermarket speakers. The reason I am askingThough is because I am not sure if the Factory wires go from the RCU and then split and go to the speakers And the head unit to retain the fader balance controls. I guess this is the only way this would make sense in my mind anyways. I will follow the Wires tomorrow to see which way they go but The other option is to just have all 3 ends of the wires in each of the wire nuts like I do now. Because the wire coming off of the RCUAnd the wires that go to the speakers/ Head unit and the wires that lead to the LOC are in the wire nut right now. Do you think this is what is causing the problem? Just asking before I rip everything apart tomorrow because I'm fed up with everything not working and I will get it working if it's the last thing I do! However I would like less work if at all possible haha and thank you so much for all of your guys's help and advice it is greatly appreciated!!!
Tried just removing the loc and that didn't help do you guys think I might have damaged the outputs on The factory amp?

Tried just removing the loc and that didn't help do you guys think I might have damaged the outputs on The factory amp?
It sounds like you've taken everything out of the equation other than that RCU. If (and that's a big if) you can somehow bypass that too check and see if it goes away, that would be my next step. If you can hook your phone straight up to the aftermarket amp temporarily for a test. Using that as solely to get your source signal from, and that fixes the issue completely, then you know 100% that's the issue.
Anything can get damaged or go out at any given time. That's just life right? Nothing is 100% perfect.
They make RCA jacks to"headphone plugs". If you can get your hands on one of those. Our they sell them all day on Amazon. It's one more thing to buy, I know, but they're fairly inexpensive.

It sounds like you've taken everything out of the equation other than that RCU. If (and that's a big if) you can somehow bypass that too check and see if it goes away, that would be my next step. If you can hook your phone straight up to the aftermarket amp temporarily for a test. Using that as solely to get your source signal from, and that fixes the issue completely, then you know 100% that's the issue.
Anything can get damaged or go out at any given time. That's just life right? Nothing is 100% perfect.
They make RCA jacks to"headphone plugs". If you can get your hands on one of those. Our they sell them all day on Amazon. It's one more thing to buy, I know, but they're fairly inexpensive.
Well I just called a junkyard its 20 bucks for the rcu but I will try to find an rca to headphone jack and try that first. I'll post how it all goes when the problem is isolated and all fixed. I was thinking real hard about this and the only difference I could come up with between how it was Originally set Up was probably a big whoops on my part because I realized That Is factory wires had an individual set running running to each of the doorspeakers and and when I hooked up the wires that I ran I had the wires running in parallel to the 4 ohm speakers therefore knocking it down to a 2 ohm So maybe I messed up the RCU by running it at a low ohm regardless I will find the problem and fix it asap and let you know how it goes thank you for all your advice it was much appreciated 👍

Well I just called a junkyard its 20 bucks for the rcu but I will try to find an rca to headphone jack and try that first. I'll post how it all goes when the problem is isolated and all fixed. I was thinking real hard about this and the only difference I could come up with between how it was Originally set Up was probably a big whoops on my part because I realized That Is factory wires had an individual set running running to each of the doorspeakers and and when I hooked up the wires that I ran I had the wires running in parallel to the 4 ohm speakers therefore knocking it down to a 2 ohm So maybe I messed up the RCU by running it at a low ohm regardless I will find the problem and fix it asap and let you know how it goes thank you for all your advice it was much appreciated 👍
Went to Walmart and picked up an RCA to headphone Jack for 4 bucks and the amp Was fine so I headed straight to the salvage yard dart pull the RCU Is Got it for 20 bucks Everything is working great now just gonna have to get a new amp eventually because there's Pioneer gets HOT!

Went to Walmart and picked up an RCA to headphone Jack for 4 bucks and the amp Was fine so I headed straight to the salvage yard dart pull the RCU Is Got it for 20 bucks Everything is working great now just gonna have to get a new amp eventually because there's Pioneer gets HOT!
So no more distortion issues after changing out the RCU

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...