Dist. block after cap?? help pls!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jinx8402
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
RI
I was at a local install shop today getting my cap, and the salesman was telling me its not good to install the cap before the dist. fuse block. is this true? i always thought it didnt matter. what would u guys suggest

Originally posted by jinx8402 I was at a local install shop today getting my cap, and the salesman was telling me its not good to install the cap before the dist. fuse block. is this true? i always thought it didnt matter. what would u guys suggest
yup he is right------- I never real meet many sales people who -------know what they are talking about ---------but your guy is right

So what would a guy with 2 amps and one cap do? Use the Cap as your dist block and wire the fuses before it? And why is it bad (just for info sake)?

...oh, and why does the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I crank the subs up? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

(jk)

Originally posted by Frraksurred So what would a guy with 2 amps and one cap do? Use the Cap as your dist block and wire the fuses before it? And why is it bad (just for info sake)?

...oh, and why does the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I crank the subs up? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

(jk)
increasing inductance / impedance between the amp and cap-------- basicly it renders the cap useless

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.