Disconnecting amp before road trip?

Participant count
  • Participant list

AIpine

Electronics of America.
Hello,

It's been quite some time since I've posted on here. I just recently got a new car and just got my amps and speakers connected, but I have a small question.

I'm going on a little road trip with some friends tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be about 4.5 hours of driving. I was just wondering if I should disconnect my amplifier powering my subwoofers before I leave? Or if it will be fine. I recall hearing a long while back that it is not good. I don't remember the exact reason why it is not good, but I'm just curious. Let me know what you guys think. My amp is a Alpine MRX-1100, and it is powering 2 Alpine Type R 12's.

Thank you.

Hello,
It's been quite some time since I've posted on here. I just recently got a new car and just got my amps and speakers connected, but I have a small question.

I'm going on a little road trip with some friends tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be about 4.5 hours of driving. I was just wondering if I should disconnect my amplifier powering my subwoofers before I leave? Or if it will be fine. I recall hearing a long while back that it is not good. I don't remember the exact reason why it is not good, but I'm just curious. Let me know what you guys think. My amp is a Alpine MRX-1100, and it is powering 2 Alpine Type R 12's.

Thank you.
I would run full tilt the entire way, long as your not clipping or running ure subs way over rms no reason for anything to overheat.

No need to unhook any of it. You will be fine.
That's what I was expecting to hear, thank you.

Hey I see your Location is in Novi. I'm actually right over in Northville haha. Crazy.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

I would run full tilt the entire way, long as your not clipping or running ure subs way over rms no reason for anything to overheat.
Sounds good, thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.