Amp will turn on...but no sound.

What are you using for a ground connection?

That same thing happened to me when I first put my sub in. The amp powered on, but no sound. The reason was because I had decided to attach the ground connection to the top of one of my rear strut towers, which was a terrible connection to the body of the car so it barely let any power trickle though. Get a multi meter and make sure your ground connection is electrically connected to the rest of the car.

as said above, checking ground is always a good start when troubleshooting. i'd also try another source such as your phone via a 3.5mm to male rca adapter. if you get sound with that then you have narrowed it down to either your RCAs or your headunit. if you get no sound you have narrowed it down to your amplifier or speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.