Disappointed in digital designs 6.5 components

So I recently purchased a set of digital designs 6.5 components. Don't remember exactly what series they were but they were $140 for the set I believe. Don't get me wrong they don't sound awful. But the right side tweeter makes awful noises when certain tones are played. As far as sound quality goes I would rank them with my jbl gx600c components.... Which were $80.... I think with the money I spent I should've bought a pair of image Dynamics or anything jbl/infinity carries.

Probably right... I don't think any of the DD Audio Speakers (Not including subs) are anything special. That goes for their headphones as well, bought earbuds and over ears from them and wasn't impressed... The subs and amps are very good though.

thats what happens when you buy speakers from SPL companies that have no idea what they are doing in the speaker world. Cscstang bought ampere tweets and they were garbage compared to the tweets he has used. Sundown components ****, soundqubed components ****, skar *****. Only one that was moderately okay was incriminator audio. If you gonna buy speakers you'll need to run active along with using their pro audio line of speakers. Components are pretty junk SQ wise when it comes to spl brands.

thats what happens when you buy speakers from SPL companies that have no idea what they are doing in the speaker world. Cscstang bought ampere tweets and they were garbage compared to the tweets he has used. Sundown components ****, soundqubed components ****, skar *****. Only one that was moderately okay was incriminator audio. If you gonna buy speakers you'll need to run active along with using their pro audio line of speakers. Components are pretty junk SQ wise when it comes to spl brands.
Except for the Germans. Those are good.

Yeah I'm definitely going to stick with the typical jbl/jl/infinity/image Dynamics when it comes to speakers. I honestly have no clue how to use raw drivers (that is using a mid bass woofer and tweeter together with no cross over correct?) I was really looking at the ssa evil mids and tweeter, I have a ssa icon and love it. Just not sure how to hook it up and not sure how they sound.

Yeah I'm definitely going to stick with the typical jbl/jl/infinity/image Dynamics when it comes to speakers. I honestly have no clue how to use raw drivers (that is using a mid bass woofer and tweeter together with no cross over correct?) I was really looking at the ssa evil mids and tweeter, I have a ssa icon and love it. Just not sure how to hook it up and not sure how they sound.
Hit up Jeffdachef for running raw mids/tweets, non branded speakers. Well I mean those that don't come in a complete set. He's the guru here for that sorta thing.

I have a set of SSA mids and tweets coming.going active. To go with a pair of icons. Replacing some Diamond hex (with xovers) I hope they sound at least as good.. the hex did sound very nice.. id the evils don't sound as good or better. I will be packing them up and selling them.

you first off need an active head unit to even think about running active. Those SSA Evil stuff need a lot of power to properly come alive. Their RMS ratings are bullsh*t, you can throw 4x the amount of power to them and they will sound infinitely better than if you only throw rated power. The results you can get with running active is 100x better than any component set under 500 dollars.

I have a set of SSA mids and tweets coming.going active. To go with a pair of icons. Replacing some Diamond hex (with xovers) I hope they sound at least as good.. the hex did sound very nice.. id the evils don't sound as good or better. I will be packing them up and selling them.
did you replace your head unit yet?

New 80prs sitting on my dresser along with a new zapco 4 chan.Ready to install soon az the box is done and subs are locked n loaded
sweet. Whenever you need help tuning just LMK. The active network switch is on the bottom of the head unit whenever you want to go to network mode or standard mode. Dont use the auto eq ta mic it'll mess up your bass.

sweet. Whenever you need help tuning just LMK. The active network switch is on the bottom of the head unit whenever you want to go to network mode or standard mode. Dont use the auto eq ta mic it'll mess up your bass.
I will definitely hit you up. Its all new to me. I appreciate it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.