DIN Back Panel, What can I expect?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MtnHermit

Installing a new DIN radio to replace my old dead radio in an RV. The radio attaches to the ceiling and is not in a dashboard. The "DIN" part puzzles me. Neither the manufactures website nor the PDF manual show exactly what I'll be getting or what extra I need to order.

In the past radios have had a ton of color coded wires and it was easy to connect to power, ground and speakers. Can I expect the same with a DIN radio? Do I need to purchase additional wires or connectors?

I haven't purchased/installed a radio in over a decade. This is the radio: Pioneer DEH-150MP, I would have link it, but not allowed.

Thanks for your knowledge.

My confusion was related to the Pioneer PDF manual which simply stated "Power Plug". Turns out it is actually a multifunction plug with power, speakers, antenna, etc. That's how my old Pioneer was set up.

I ended up ordering a Sony (Sony CDXGT56UI CD Receiver with USB Input) on clearance because it has a USB socket for MP3's on a stick. It's manual was much clearer with the same multifunction plug. I'll be able to do all the wiring before I mount the radio.

Remarkable how much bang for the buck today. $60 for a feature rich AM/FM, CD, MP3, and much more. Hope the AM/FM is good, many positive reviews, but none mentioned the radio.

Thanks for the reply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.