dimming LED for security system

i dont know, its really bright, like, i put the led near where i turn on the ignition. Its blinding. I was hoping to tone it down a little. Why does it need to be so bright anyways? I mean, if it was half as bright you could still easily see it if you peaked into my car.

put a little piece of masking tape over it.

i know its ugly and ghetto, but its the easiest solution.

or if your professional with electricals, you can open it up and replace the led OR open it up and add a layer of something to block off led light while still keeping the same led.

Yeah, just pull the led out and on the positive wire, put a resistor on it... I cant think of what ohm resistor though, but I would put a low one on it. An electrician guru would be helpful

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.