Dimming headlights, 1,5kw system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jansku-

First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my primary language.

So i'm facing a problem with dimming headlights when the bass hits. I have tried to find a possible solutions from internet, but so far no clear answer.

My audio system is pretty basic, one 12" Ground Zero woofer and 1,5kw AutoStudio monoamp. My car is a mondeo mk4 -07 and it has 150A stock alternator.

I have done "the big three" upgrade, checked all the connections and sanded them to bare metal. I measured voltage from amplifier and car running idle rpm voltage was 14,2. Under heavy music, car rpm around 2000, voltage drops briefly to 13,5, but usually it fluctuates around 13,7V-14V, and car headlights are dimming.

Can bad battery resist current flow? I think that stock 150 ampere alternator is supposed to be plenty enough to that system. Yeah and i'm using 2 gauge copper wire from battery to amplifier and for grounds. Battery is cheap and couple years old, that's the next thing i'm going to upgrade.

Or could it just be that stock alternator is not working as it should?

Capacitor??

Thanks for help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.