Digital Designs LE-M Question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Here's the situation I own a jeep and love to drive off road and yes I have flooded it in deep water (not very badly but bad enough that the carpet is now gone). I have finally gotten around to the sound system overhaul (stock was making me crazy) I am in the navy and live on base so I am vulnerable to theft (can't trust my shipmates) so I'm installing a Tuffy trunk enclosure to keep the sub away from the eyes of the dishonest, this means the space I have to work with in my little two door decreases to 12 3/4" L x 42 3/8 W x 15".

Now that some of the "Why" questions should be answered, here are my question;

If I put a DD LE-M sub back there (want the 10 but it will probably be the 8) will a DD D500 amp be too much for it to handle or will it take a beating?

I don't think I've ever ran 250W to a sub ever and I don't want to start now lol. How much power can these things actually handle on the daily?

I would rather be in Jacksonville than here in Norfolk... But that's home so...

I would say no it's not that bad but don't present opportunity in a culture with diversity, anyone could be a thief

I've been here for two years and I can't find myself home here. I prefer to look at it in a different way, I don't live here, I just work here for now.

So you think that little sub isn't going to burn itself up when I put the D500 on it? The RMS is 250 and max is 500. I want to keep the sub and amp DD though.

I had a DD Z9518 that was rated at 2000 on the RMS and I ran A Sundown SAZ-4500D for a year before I finally turned the coil to a slinky but that's a 9500 the LE-M is not.

Who actually has experience with these little DD in house prefabs?

Called DD today and they told me the 250-500 for these do not mean 250RMS-500MAX. They said it means 250RMS-500RMS. Which I probably should have asked what the MAX was because now I'm considering spending a little extra on a company that I've been dying to try out called PRV Audio. They have an amp (AD1200.1-2ohm) that puts out 600 watts RMS at 4ohm at 12.6V and 750 watts RMS at 4ohm at 14.4V. I think that would sound awesome being powered slightly over RMS at 4ohm.

What are your opinions on this idea?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.