digital design z series

anyone know anything about them? how they sound, price or how much power they take?
mine will be seeing 9k or so in a few days. not bad for a 10. its the 1st gen Z. only 4 or so in the US according to DD.

thanks to Louisiana_CRX i have 1

2yoxt8w.jpg

Hate to brake it to you brother..but that can't be all aluminum..something about flux..and bl..and..uhh..aluminum kinda doesn't let that happen...

Magnets alone dont make the woofer go boom //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hate to brake it to you brother..but that can't be all aluminum..something about flux..and bl..and..uhh..aluminum kinda doesn't let that happen...
Magnets alone dont make the woofer go boom //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i guess i should call back to DD and talk to steve again then. i thought it was neo when we talked he was saying aluminum, but hey they make it not me.

sounded a little crazy to me to but what can i do but go by the company who builds them

i dont see it that way. if its a properly working TL, and the score is put up and verified, to me, its a record. now if it was only him and his buddies around and no third party person or video then yes, i think its invalid.
sure maybe, heat, cold, elevation or whatever element (i dont know if those actually affect anything im just giving an example) might help/hurt can be a factor, but if thats the case then all world records need to be reattempted in a secured building that guiness or whatever, approves of. sprinting records, audio, eating, jumping, etc etc whatever.

thats just my opinion.

edit: this assumes they were able to hit 180.5 consecutively at some point in time and then were not able to do it later at a different event. if they truly did hit a 180.5 ONLY 1 time (even at the same event), then i will agree with you.
Repeatability is a key in any test situation. We are not talking about a 100 meter sprint where the guy whould have to run it twice and finish at the same time, we are talking about a machine/system producing a service (in this case, extreme SPL). Again there are any number of things that could 'go wrong' to secure a false reading, or give someone an unfair advantage (or disadvantage)... repeatability leads itself to giving a 'world record' credibility. The idea that he did it (whoever) and he can do it again. It legitimizes a score that would otherwise be considered hard to believe (being a world record n all).

i guess i should call back to DD and talk to steve again then. i thought it was neo when we talked he was saying aluminum, but hey they make it not me. sounded a little crazy to me to but what can i do but go by the company who builds them
Go grab a pop can and stick a magnet to it..report back with the results //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif..I'm sure some of the bars are aluminum, but not the entire thing.

Edit: here's a vid that might help

I'll see if i can dig up some info so i dont have to type a book //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.