different amplifier current Draws

caliece
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi just wanted to know why is it that with different amps i get different results and an example is i had a lanzar 1200d set all the gains right and when i chected the voltage it never past 13.8v but when i got a directed D2400 putting out 1200rms same as the lanzar my voltage droped down to 12v or 11.5v like crazy could some one explain this to me please i already upgraded my alt to 120 amps just need to switch the batterys thanks alot in advance guys. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the directed is probably just less efficient, or REALLY underrated.
The lanzar's even got a PWM regulated power supply, so i don't know what's up with that directed.
yeah i said the same thing?????? im still stomped can anyone else shead some light on this

do the big 3 in 1/0 if you havent done it yet. there is a how to in the electrical section. itll help a lil, not a whole lot. and 120A isnt enough either.

do the big 3 in 1/0 if you havent done it yet. there is a how to in the electrical section. itll help a lil, not a whole lot. and 120A isnt enough either.
big three done already think im going to go back to the lanzar vibe1200d or vibe1800d which are basicly almost the same amp

120A isn't much of an upgrade unless you started with a 60A Beetle generator, IMO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A better solution? Get an alternator in the 175A-200A range and not worry about amplifier efficiency as much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.