Differences in Ohms?

Participant count
  • Participant list
There is no SQ difference between running 2ohm or 4 ohm. You can generally get your amp to produce more power when it is wired to a lower ohm load. If you're planning on running 1 woofer, go with the dual 4ohm and wire it to 2. If you're running 2 woofers, get the dual 2ohm.

It all depends. Are you going to run one sub or more than one off the amp? Are they dual voice coil subs or single? Yes the idea is to get the most out of your amp by matching your subs to the lowest ohms your amp is rated at. There are many factors that go into selecting the right subs for your amp. More info about your amp and the sub/s your are looking at would be helpful.

of course there is a difference....in 4 ohms u get less power but more control over your sub...4 everyday listening i wouldnt go below 2 ohms...and besides the resistance of the box has to be taken into account so its never really just 4 or 2.....

if ure into SQ dont go below 2...your damping factor(control) is half the rated value then

OOOOOOO..... I like your amp;)

newsubs.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.