Difference between HCCA11000.d and DC 5k?

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
I already know what the specs are. I'm just wondering why the price is the same. I could even step down to the hcca8000.1d and have more power if the specs are right. Are hcca amps overrated because I was also looking at the scv6000, but it is less power on paper and more expensive than the hcca amps?

Reading the last 2 pages on smd was very hard, honestly. Way too many assumptions going on.

There is a reason why the power\ground terminals are limited the way they are. It's actually not hard to figure out.

Same way with ANY amplifier.

The terminal input section provided as-is is an indicator of how much power it can sustainably and safely draw without overworking the amplifier.

In this case, this design is much like the Lanzar Opti1100.1d

They provide dual 1/0 terminals which is good for approximately up to 7,000w of potential sustainable output.

Anything higher resulting in wiring too low or adding custom adapters will allow the amplifier to produce more power but should only be done for burps as it's not designed to handle such power continuously.

Same thing with brazilian amplifiers for example.

The T10.9k that used to be manufactured by Taramp's.

It was rated for 10,900w 1ohm and 7,800w 2ohm but one 3/0 input for power/ground.

This amplifier was good to accept up to about 6,500-7,000w continuous.

They are currently working on a 30,000w amplifier at 12.6v BASS ONLY.

It will have dual 3/0 power/ground.

It is likely that it's sustainable output will be between 15-21,000w based on DC voltage hold.

Reading the last 2 pages on smd was very hard, honestly. Way too many assumptions going on.
There is a reason why the power\ground terminals are limited the way they are. It's actually not hard to figure out.

Same way with ANY amplifier.

The terminal input section provided as-is is an indicator of how much power it can sustainably and safely draw without overworking the amplifier.

In this case, this design is much like the Lanzar Opti1100.1d

They provide dual 1/0 terminals which is good for approximately up to 7,000w of potential sustainable output.

Anything higher resulting in wiring too low or adding custom adapters will allow the amplifier to produce more power but should only be done for burps as it's not designed to handle such power continuously.

Same thing with brazilian amplifiers for example.

The T10.9k that used to be manufactured by Taramp's.

It was rated for 10,900w 1ohm and 7,800w 2ohm but one 3/0 input for power/ground.

This amplifier was good to accept up to about 6,500-7,000w continuous.

They are currently working on a 30,000w amplifier at 12.6v BASS ONLY.

It will have dual 3/0 power/ground.

It is likely that it's sustainable output will be between 15-21,000w based on DC voltage hold.
I already read the stuff on smd before posting, but was trying to get a different opinion. It seems like the hcca amps have more power for the money? I understand what you're saying about the inputs, but the Orion looks good. I know the DC is a different board, but it seemed to have the same number of coils as the Orion. I know the caps and some other things differ, but I was really trying to see why anyone would take the DC 5k over the Orion? Does DC have a better warranty? I will more than likely get one with the internal fan? I was also looking at the taramps but didn't like what I was reading about them. I guess the biggest question is which has the better build quality, but I think all of the boards are Korean?

You can't look at toroids and capacitors and dictate it's limits because you do not know their values and tolerances.

I can only provide what to expect based on design.

And not to change the subject too much but Taramp's offers unconditional warranty services, something most internet brands currently do not do.

If it fails or breaks, they will fix it for free, no questions asked within the first year of purchase.

I can say though it's not like each brand is purchasing from the same pot so when brand A cost more than brand B, there is a clear reason.

This isn't necessarily true.

The designs between Orion and DC are different so they are either coming from different sources or are engineered differently clearly.

If you are comparing Orion 11k vs any korean 5k, based on design, the Orion is designed to handle more sustainable power on a 12v system.

Some korean brands pride themselves with offering 18v capability, something most users do not care about and this feature is part of price hike.

In all honesty, Orion vs DC, that's comparing Mainstream vs Internet brand.

DC is big but i'm sure they are not mainstream in terms of quota.

Taramp's, Soundigital, Stetsom, they are all mainstream based.

Taramp's manufactures, on average, 180,000 products annually.

Good luck on our popular Internet brands in the US ever coming close to that.

Brazilian companies have it made because they are buildhouses and they brand their own work.

That cuts 1 middle man out right there.

But that's a little FYI.

That Orion is very overrated. All new Orion's are overrated since they got bought out again.
I did hear about the buyout, but the guts look pretty good. I guess the birthsheet is a marketing tactic if you say they're overrated? The fuse ratings are right for the power claimed. It's not like audiopipe 3000 watt coming with a 200amp fuse. You might be right but I'm not finding any negative reviews on the Orion hcca or the xtr amps.

A team mate of mine runs 2 HCCA 11ks. Nasty amps. We clamped a **** good bit of power out of them. I can't remember how much ( ill ask him again) but it was impressive.

He is an Orion dealer and runs a full Orion setup.

local guy in san diego runs an orion 8k on stockish eletricals (stock 160 amp alt and big 3 and under the hood agm) on two 18s at 1 ohm and hasnt fried the amp yet and that amp puts out some mean power and is pretty sturdy considering the abuse its taking from this guy.

You can't look at toroids and capacitors and dictate it's limits because you do not know their values and tolerances.
I can only provide what to expect based on design.

And not to change the subject too much but Taramp's offers unconditional warranty services, something most internet brands currently do not do.

If it fails or breaks, they will fix it for free, no questions asked within the first year of purchase.

I can say though it's not like each brand is purchasing from the same pot so when brand A cost more than brand B, there is a clear reason.

This isn't necessarily true.

The designs between Orion and DC are different so they are either coming from different sources or are engineered differently clearly.

If you are comparing Orion 11k vs any korean 5k, based on design, the Orion is designed to handle more sustainable power on a 12v system.

Some korean brands pride themselves with offering 18v capability, something most users do not care about and this feature is part of price hike.

In all honesty, Orion vs DC, that's comparing Mainstream vs Internet brand.

DC is big but i'm sure they are not mainstream in terms of quota.

Taramp's, Soundigital, Stetsom, they are all mainstream based.

Taramp's manufactures, on average, 180,000 products annually.

Good luck on our popular Internet brands in the US ever coming close to that.

Brazilian companies have it made because they are buildhouses and they brand their own work.

That cuts 1 middle man out right there.

But that's a little FYI.
If it was your money which one would you pick? The Orion is about 10 lbs heavier than the DC.

Sundown scv6000

HCCA11000.D

DC 5K

If it was your money which one would you pick? The Orion is about 10 lbs heavier than the DC.
Sundown scv6000

HCCA11000.D

DC 5K
I'd get the orion and a pair of 2/0 to 1/0 reducers/inputs and use 4/0 welding wire and wire to 1 ohm. The orion would win in terms of raw 1 ohm(and up) nominal wiring power output only, the other two wont hang at all unless you wire to .25 ohms and go with a 14 or 16 volt charging system. Amp is also way beefier in every aspect (capacitors, mosfets, transistor counts). Amp is an easier sell on craigslist than a DC or Sundown. Not sure how the orion would handle .5 ohm but I probably would not risk it.

Idk only one power n ground on the Orion hcca 11000.1..
orion hcca 11k - Amp Guts - SMD Forum
i counted 30 transistors on the left side. lets assume here just for shits sake.

20 are used for the output side per side and they are your standard to-220 mosfet 100 volt 30 amp transistors. whcih are typically good for a clean 150 in hte pnp and 130 on the npn so call it 140 watts per.

thats 5600 watts..

if it uses the to 247 those ive seen are good for just about double the older 220 close to 300 watts.. that number is very realistic.

id bet if it says HCCA is a great amp..

oh and yea i agree it should have quad 1/0 or dual 4/0s at least..

2 4/0 @ 8 feet long with 1000 amp draw drops about .4 of a volt.

with one 1/0 8 foot long your looking realistically at about a 2 volt drop at the amp..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.