Difference between burned Cd's and not burned

cotjones
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
So my subs sound like supermodel sex on original CD's,

but suprize monkeybutsehx on alot of burned CD's or MP3's?

Is there a difference in how the signal is read and distributed to the channels? This is puzzling me.

The tracks that sound bad sound fine on other systems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

(fyi: I know some downloaded recordings are bad.)

as long as they are 320kb/s files, they should be perfect quality. if youre using 128 or 256kb/s songs, it will sound muddier. when you download, make sure its perfect quality.. and dont use limewire.

So my subs sound like supermodel sex on original CD's, but suprize monkeybutsehx on alot of burned CD's or MP3's?

Is there a difference in how the signal is read and distributed to the channels? This is puzzling me.

The tracks that sound bad sound fine on other systems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

(fyi: I know some downloaded recordings are bad.)
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

It depends (AFAIK) on whether your files are lossless or not. If they are, then idk what the problem is. If they aren't, that's your problem.

Off topic: RyanM mentioned Focal disc downloads, well here they are.

Compression. Its all in the bitrate of the MP3. 320kbps is as close to lossless as you can get with MP3s. Until they make a HU that can play files ripped with EAC and play FLAC and Apple Lossless you have to use 320kbps MP3 files.

Using EAC with AccurateRip enabled, and encoding in a lossless format will keep the original quality.

Anything less, and you're losing fidelity.

You can't guarantee that you aren't getting transcodes online, but reputable (i.e., invite-only) torrent trackers will provide EAC log files showing the quality of the rip.

I need to get back on What.cd, I had my account banned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.