diehappy=scammer, or at least a shit_ty seller

ctmike
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ct.
bought a 12" kicker l7 from diehappy on 2 june. sent a check as he said he doesn't use paypal, which didn't bother me as i have both sold and bought items using either a mo or check myself. sent the check on the 2nd, and after some delay he finally received it on the 9th, and told me he deposited it on the 10th (check of my bank account confirmed it was cashed on the 10th).

after being told this on the 10th the next pm i received was on the 12 (thursday) saying the sub would ship the following day. well the following day i never received a tracking number (as i was told i would) even though i saw he was online that day. next day i shoot him a pm asking for a tracking number and get no response, even though he was online that day. figured o.k., he'll get back to me soon, but when i don't get anything on sunday (15th) from him, i pm him again monday (16th) asking for a tracking number. figure by now he has it shipped, but can't figure out why he's logged on every day that weekend but can't pm me a tracking number.

well, i finally get a pm from him monday saying the sub is all packaged and boxed up WAITING to get shipped because supposedly i didn't give him my address. considering he never asked for one i assumed he would send it to the address which was on both the check and the envelope i sent it in as they were both the same. so i go ahead and tell him to send the sub to the address he had and would await a tracking number. well, still haven't gotten any tracking number or any kind of excuse as to why i haven't. and since our last pm's he's logged on several times, last being within an hour of me posting this, and yet still no update.

i understand things come up, and i don't want to flat out call him a scammer yet, but the way i see it is at best he's a shi_tty seller. if he's got time to log on here everyday he can at least keep me updated. nothing worse then a seller not keeping communication with the buyer imo. and diehappy, i will gladly ask a mod to delete this thread if/when my sub gets to me.

maybe he's waiting for the check to clear. If it's an out of state check that can take up to 2 weeks. Either way he should communicate what's going on...

maybe he's waiting for the check to clear. If it's an out of state check that can take up to 2 weeks. Either way he should communicate what's going on...
2 weeks? never knew that. and my bank told me it was cashed on the 10th, and funds withdraw completely done on the 11th. and i agree, he should communicate better, nothing worse than someone that can't answer pm's, especially when i see him logged on everday. or when being told it would ship on the 13th. then on the 16th telling me he doesn't have my address??

Thats a long ass time...hope he gets it to you at least man scammers blow
not that long, it was june 2nd this month i sent the check. but a little over 2 weeks, and two seperate days it was going to ship, and still nothing though is frustrating.

just a thought
the whole "ca.com is my homepage and other people use my PC" line is such ********.
totally agree. after seeing him online last night i checked his profile, said homepage or whatever. after a little while, it then said private messaging. but i still didn't get any reply back to my pm asking for a tracking #, but i know he must have seen it.

but either way you can get scammed. and scamming by cashing/accepting either is both still breaking the law, so i don't have a problem with the check. especially when i have what the check was for in the memo section, his name on it and a duplicate copy of it in my check book. i also have printed the check from my bank where it's endorsed by him so that's always good.

i'm still just hoping it's that he's a poor seller that doesnt have his priorities staright, but probably not.

bump for you to see diehappy, i see your online right now. like i said in my first post, just pm me the tracking # and as soon as i get the sub, i'll have no problems at all asking a mod. to delete this thread.

well about 20min. ago got a reply finally. said he shipped yesterday through usps and gave me a delivery confirmation #. when i used the online tracker says no item in their record, so not sure if it's the same as a tracking #, but so far better than nothing.

You might want to give UPS a call, and find out what that number is, and if you can track your package with it. If not, try to get another number.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ctmike

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ctmike
ct.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies