Did the Big 3!

I did the big 3 this morning! I'm now getting 13.9 volts! This is in preparation for the Hifonics BRZ1200.1 I will be putting in next weekend.
wait, so your sitting at 13.9 with no setup? it should be higher....

what? all under hood wiring unless you got one of those rare cars that has the battery in the back.
Can't even get at my alternator without going in from underneath the car. PITA I took off 1/6 of the engine trying to get at it from the top only to find out I couldn't, can't even get at the bolt to attach the power wire to it....i have 2/3 Big 3 but that'll all change here in 15 days I'm having my mechanic put in the HO and attach one end of my power wire to it.

Can't even get at my alternator without going in from underneath the car. PITA I took off 1/6 of the engine trying to get at it from the top only to find out I couldn't, can't even get at the bolt to attach the power wire to it....i have 2/3 Big 3 but that'll all change here in 15 days I'm having my mechanic put in the HO and attach one end of my power wire to it.
the big 3 is useless without that last part lol

what? all under hood wiring unless you got one of those rare cars that has the battery in the back.
Yup. Saturn decided that as a safety precaution, the battery should be in the back (2006 Ion Redline). At least they were nice enough to put in a 140 amp alternator and 2 gauge wiring for my connections.

Yup. Saturn decided that as a safety precaution, the battery should be in the back (2006 Ion Redline). At least they were nice enough to put in a 140 amp alternator and 2 gauge wiring for my connections.
I do remember seeing those in a guys car at the track one day.

wait, so your sitting at 13.9 with no setup? it should be higher....
The output of the alternator depends on the voltage regulator the alternator uses. Also, even with a HO alternator, a big 3 upgrade, and a good battery or two, dimming is still possible, because of the reaction speed of the voltage regulator. Temperature also plays a large role in the output voltage of the alternator. The warmer it is, outside and the temperature of the alternator, the lower the output voltage is going to be. Measure your voltage in the winter and see that it's probably well over 14 volts. Hell, my car sits at over 15 volts when I first start it up. As the alternator and engine warm up, the voltage rests at a nice 14.8 ish volts. My windows are fast as fuck when I first start my car... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It's a 99 Buick so I figure that's about the best it will do with the stock 12 year old alternator. I currently have a RF 300-4 powering my Polk Momos components in the doors. Also I did it with 4ga (real 4 ga) because I'm broke lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.