Did I pick the right parts? - adding a sub to a factory system

silverh20

Feb 1, 2014
I have a 2011 BMW 550i that has an upgraded "surround sound" stereo option from the factory. Everything is decent except the bass.

I bought a Kicker L7 12" 4ohm DVC sub and plan to wire it up to my Alphasonik PMA600HC dual channel amp in bridge mode for 950watt RMS @ 4ohm.

I read an install guide for my car and someone needed a Line Output Converter for their 2 subs. I'm using just one and this is the amp config I plan on using.

Is this right then to get this LOC? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GH74SQT/?tag=caraudiocom-20

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
I plan on using.
You are on target with that LC2iPRO. I too am in search of an loc for a future build. Problem is I have never used a complicated one. So I am looking for one that does all calibration for you, but shoot are they pricey. This one looks easy and quite affordable. Thanks for pointing it out.

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
I have a 2011 BMW 550i that has an upgraded "surround sound" stereo option from the factory. Everything is decent except the bass.

I bought a Kicker L7 12" 4ohm DVC sub and plan to wire it up to my Alphasonik PMA600HC dual channel amp in bridge mode for 950watt RMS @ 4ohm.

I read an install guide for my car and someone needed a Line Output Converter for their 2 subs. I'm using just one and this is the amp config I plan on using.

Is this right then to get this LOC? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GH74SQT/?tag=caraudiocom-20
Thats a quality piece it should work fine

marc2112

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 12, 2012

This is not going to be possible. You'd need a 2 ohm dvc to get 4 ohm at the amp.

Also make sure you connect the LOC to a full range signal. Some factory systems have a safety attenuation bs feature that decrease the bass at high volume.

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
This is not going to be possible. You'd need a 2 ohm dvc to get 4 ohm at the amp.
He could also run it bridged at 2ohms with the gain down. Supposedly the amp can run 1ohm bridged, meaning it can run 1/2ohm stereo. It may be a typo, but it should safely do 2ohms bridged.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Supposedly the amp can run 1ohm bridged, meaning it can run 1/2ohm stereo.
Alphasonic hasn't sold a good quality amp since Mark Wahlberg was a boy band and back then they were build at Zed Audio and still did not like low impedance.

Reactions: marc2112

marc2112

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 12, 2012
Alphasonic hasn't sold a good quality amp since Mark Wahlberg was a boy band and back then they were build at Zed Audio and still did not like low impedance.
A lot of low impedance 2-ch amps were special orders back then. Not for anyone and especially not cheap.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.