did i kill my amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

1991rangerSTX
10+ year member

i have an extant 121m power amp and i let a friend hook it up for his solo 10" and he said when he hooked the power and ground up the amp made a pop and started smoking -,- from what i see when i take the lid off that one of the caps(???) is popped, i know pretty much nothing cept he hooked it up with the power in the ground and ground in power sooo yeah... here are some cellphone pics (lol)

amp1.jpg

amp2.jpg

amp3.jpg

and if its not eff'd who on here can fix it for me? cause i dont wanna get rid of this amp because it sounds soo clean. thanks, ranger

Tom over at CACo_Org does good work too, I thought DB-r decided to only repair Sundown and other big Class D amps? Might have been something I read but there are other options.

Zed Audio is the number 1 repair tech for Xtant products as MTX/Mitek no longer supports the Xtant line, Steve has repaired tons of Xtant amplifiers.

sweet. thanks you guys for telling me its fixable, and i believe this is a d-class but im not 100% sure, and can you tell me who to get a hold of? i took it out and looked at the backside of the board and the solders are still silver/ grey color and not 1 solder joint is burnt at all. i love this lil amp it sounds great and puts out the POWA!! lol. and are any of those guys close to mn?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.