Did i fry my car stereo?

Participant count
  • Participants list

oreo_above

Hi everyone im new to this forum but i really need some help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I recently installed an aftermarket stereo to my truck. Now i didnt have a support for it so it fit really loose. My dad decided to take the truck for a spin and i think the stereo moved way to much causing it to shut off. Now it wont turn on at all! I checked the radio fuse on the truck its good, the wiring was good too, the heat wire has a built in fuse to it and that fuse is also good, i opened up the stereo it doesnt smell nothing like burn nor does it have signs that it was fried what could have happend any help? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

it may be a short in the wire. disconnect the H.U, and touch the power wire to the positive and the ground to the negative terminals on the battery to see if its the H.U its self

Also remember there is usually (or always) two fuses in the factory fuses.. one is constant power, and one is ignition (to tell it to turn on) so make sure both are still good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.