Quick Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

JJ30
10+ year member

Hello, I have a 400 watt rms subwoofer, and a 200 watt rms amplifier, I have set the gains using the distortion by ear method for both my speakers (which are 4 55w clarions, off of a 50w x 4 amp) and my subwoofer. This has left me with my speaker gains and subwoofer gains maxed out, but no distortion. Should I be worried about my amp failing? Thanks guys.

Depends on the voltage output. from the hu....if.u have some 2v preouts and subs and mid level at 0 or lower then its possible.to have to max it.out without clipping ..i beleive most amp max is .2v and 5v is min

Depends on the voltage output. from the hu....if.u have some 2v preouts and subs and mid level at 0 or lower then its possible.to have to max it.out without clipping ..i beleive most amp max is .2v and 5v is min
Yep that's exactly it! You think my little amp will survive?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.