Did CT Sounds change their mounting?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
I'd looked at CT Sounds amps before, but stayed away because of some people having issues with the boards breaking due to not being supported properly inside the case. I've read a lot of reputable people on here say they won't buy because of that.

Well, now I'm starting to see some of those same people recommend them again. Have they gotten their act together? Or is it that the smaller amps don't need the extra support like the bog mono blocks, and don't suffer the same problems? I've been looking for a 6 channel amp for a while and their AT-150.6d looks promising, but I don't want to pre-order if it's going to have issues.

I'd looked at CT Sounds amps before, but stayed away because of some people having issues with the boards breaking due to not being supported properly inside the case. I've read a lot of reputable people on here say they won't buy because of that.
Well, now I'm starting to see some of those same people recommend them again. Have they gotten their act together? Or is it that the smaller amps don't need the extra support like the bog mono blocks, and don't suffer the same problems? I've been looking for a 6 channel amp for a while and their AT-150.6d looks promising, but I don't want to pre-order if it's going to have issues.
its mainly their 4k and up boards. Their smaller amps never had a problem. People just generalize the brand but they dont really say the proper issues regarding the controversy which led you to think that all their amps have issues. I was always very specific when talking about ct sounds in all the threads brought up about their reliability. Never had any issues with the smaller amps around my area and my area has a lot people running CT. There was issues with a guy with a 4k and a guy with a 7k.

One of the guys running an AT 1400 on two stratos.... guy is clipping hard running his voltages down to 10 volts daily IDK how he has not blown anything yet, has the same setup for about a year and a half now still doing the same sh*t (even tho i told him not to)

My buddy clips as well with a FU750 on an AT 900.1D setup is still going strong. Only ran CT for his setup is because the amp was only 80 bucks local.

That being said i'm afraid to run my 500.2 D*mn amp came 4 times larger than I expected it and i'm afraid its gonna burst to flames. Basically the size of my DC 3.5k monoblock and feeling iffy about board support.

I think a lot of the issue with CT was also concerns about him stiffing his buildhouse. That said, the A/B amp designs they use in the far east are pretty reliable and I do also recall that it was only the 4k and 7k amps they sold that were prone to catching fire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.