Did a set of retrofit headlights for my 2010 Chevy

fatboyracing
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Owensboro KY
I thought that I would share my retrofits I made for my 2010, these will work for a 07-14 Tahoe, Avalanche, or Suburban. I am so happy with the outcome.

I got most everything from the retrofit source I will for sure use them again they have great customer service!!

The Retrofit Source Inc

404-220-7940

I AM DOING MY FOGS IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!!!

I can’t say enough about them, they took great care of me they helped me a lot.

Parts I used where

LOW’s

BI_Xenon Morimoto mini stage 3 (h1)

I used the 4500k bulbs

Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1)

DRL’s

I used the

3157 white non ck

3157 XB LED CREE XB-D Headlight marker turn signal bulbs blinkers

Front turns non ck

3157 switchback so these are white when the parking lights are on and when you use the turn signal they turn orange

3157 XB LED CREE XB-D Headlight marker turn signal bulbs blinkers

Front markers

T10/194

T10 XB LED Headlight marker turn signal interior COB bulbs blinkers T10 194

Parts not from the retrofit source

I got my resistors from amazon I did not notice the retrofit source had them until I order these

Amazon.com: 4Pcs Aaron 50W 6ohm Load Resistors - Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash Turn Signal Blink Error Code: Automotive

Highs

Amazon.com: Philips 9005 CrystalVision Ultra Replacement Bulb (High-Beam), (Pack of 2): Automotive

Used these for headlights

http://www.amazon.com/CHEVY-AVALANCHE-SUBURBAN-HYBRID-HEADLIGHT/dp/B007245A48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436794201&sr=8-1&keywords=eagle+headlights+avalanche&pebp=1436794170200&perid=1MG30K4EPTTVGWQAX4Y5

So I was told that the eagle brand headlights used butyl to hold them together se they are easier to get apart.

I was not allowed to use the oven to soften the lights my wife said no way, so I used a heat gun.

The lights came apart fairly easy just used the heat gun and screw drivers to pry them apart.

Everything after this is fairly straight forward I used a dermal grinder to open the hole up and smooth it out.

Before grinding

After grinding front and back this has to be done to give you enough space to tighten the nut

I used some Loctite Epoxy Putty Multi-Purpose Stick to glue the back together

I used heat sink compound on the back of the resistors when I mounted them. This helps them transfer the heat.

I also solder the wires I am not a fan of the crimp connectors they come with.

Amazon.com: Super Lube 98003 Silicone Heat Sink, 3 oz Tube, White: Industrial & Scientific

I also used Permatex 22058 Dielectric Tune-Up Grease, 3 oz. Tube on connectors

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-22058-Dielectric-Tune-Up-Grease/dp/B000AL8VD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436796300&sr=8-1&keywords=dielectric+grease

DRIVE WAY IS NOT LEVEL!!

Next I am going to do the fog lights

Also plan to change the rear back up lights and brake lights to led

Then my wife’s Honda Pilot, followed by our Toyota Tacoma

The light is great I am so happy, and I won’t blind oncoming drivers

I used heat sink compound on the back of the resistors when I mounted them. This helps them transfer the heat.

I also solder the wires I am not a fan of the crimp connectors they come with.

Amazon.com: Super Lube 98003 Silicone Heat Sink, 3 oz Tube, White: Industrial & Scientific

I also used Permatex 22058 Dielectric Tune-Up Grease, 3 oz. Tube on connectors

Sears.com

great job, and thats the way of doing it. they look great.

Looks good man! I love how the projectors have the cutoff line at the top, makes it an extremely clean beam. I bet there much brighter over factory! I hope the fogs turn out just as nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.