diamond audio hex or.....

I have Diamond Audio hex series 4" components with the hex series midbass add on running a passive 3 way setup. the midbass are in the doors and the 4" mids and 1" aluminum tweeters are in the kick panels. I was dissappointed with them not getting loud enough and honestly I dont think they sound all that well. I had a set of CDT HD series and I think I shouldve kept them. stay away from the hex series. I dont know about there top of the line series the D9 but Ive heard good things about those but thats what I heard about the hex. Just my personal opinion

thanks, i think i am taking your advice and getting the Rainbow 265 Kick... still debating not 100% sure, but i want those bad now! just thinking about what a pain it will be to saw and all that stuff to fit a 6.5" instead of 5.25"
Your Explorer shouldn't have 5.25" speakers in it. It should have 5x7/6x8 as already mentioned. With the baffles mentioned above you shouldn't have to cut on the vehicle any. Just make sure the mounting depth of whatever you choose won't be an issue. If you're not comfortable making the baffles they're available on ebay.

yeah, i just meant the 5.25" i was going to get before... but it's glad to know that I won't have to saw, I will definitly get those 265 Kicks!

yeah, i just meant the 5.25" i was going to get before... but it's glad to know that I won't have to saw, I will definitly get those 265 Kicks!
Smart man. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

going from a 5.25" to a 6.5/6.75" driver a good amount of the time a little cutting may be required. If your not willing to do this i would get the exact measurements of the drivers you want first and measure the trucks cutouts ect just to make sure it will fit with a spacer.

i am willing to saw and cut out for the 6.5" hopefully it's not too hard... might get a friend to help who knows what he's doing.

wait wait... do you think the Rainbow SLC 265 Kicks are better than the Rainbow CMX 265?
The CMX's have a titanium tweeter (CAL25-Titan), and will probably be more "crisp" with the higher frequencies. You can't go wrong with either set.

lol yeah, unless I find something else I like better for cheaper, I'm just going to stick w/ the CMX kicks... it'll be the most expensive piece of my set-up probably

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.