diamond audio hex or.....

really? that's awesome, i've been wanting a 6.5" they're so much easier to find too... how would I get this MDF adaptor? just make one out of wood?

Yep, MDF = medium density fiberboard. available at just about any lumber yard or home inpovment store.

Take a stock speaker out, place it upside-down (cone towards) the MDF and trace around it and where the bolt holes that were used are.

Next place the 6.5" centered inside the 6x8 sketch and trace around it and the bolt holes you want to use.

You might have to tweak the elongated oval sides to accomodate the 6.5 depending on the brand/model, but it shouldn't be a problem. Break out the saw and get to cuttin'!

even if i get the rainbow SLC230 for $140 used, should I look into other components that would be better for an SQ set up?

max of $300 you should seriously consider the Rainbow SLC 265 Kick.
I would STRONGLY second that. I've had Crystal SSCS6 and Focal components, and for under probably $300 shipped, you can get a set of the Rainbows and be very happy with the results.

I got mine installed today, and they sound GREAT! Thanks again PremierAudio!

how much better is the 265 kick compared to the 230? same tweeter i believe... just different speaker? how much more midbass will I be getting if I spend the extra money? (i can get a used 230 for $140 and the 265 kick new for about $120 more, but i would have to cut a bigger hole in my car which i don't know i would want to do)

how much better is the 265 kick compared to the 230? same tweeter i believe... just different speaker? how much more midbass will I be getting if I spend the extra money? (i can get a used 230 for $140 and the 265 kick new for about $120 more, but i would have to cut a bigger hole in my car which i don't know i would want to do)
More cone area of the 265 over the 230 would give it an advantage. I'd venture to say the added cost would be worth it.

thanks, i think i am taking your advice and getting the Rainbow 265 Kick... still debating not 100% sure, but i want those bad now! just thinking about what a pain it will be to saw and all that stuff to fit a 6.5" instead of 5.25"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.