Designing a Cooling Box

fatboytyler

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a Rockford Fosgate R1200.1 D running 2 4Ohm subs wired to a 2Ohm load. I was planning on upgrading to two 2Ohm Subs and running them at 1 Ohm (The amp is rated at 1264W RMS @ 1Ohm Stable). I know there is a lot of extra heat involved in this, so I was going to design a little box to install some cooling fans. I am not doing anything fancy, so I found XScorpion Fan3 and thought I would try to use them. However, I read somewhere where you should not exceed .4 amp draw from the remote turn on. So my question is what would be the best way to wire several fans together and still get them to turn off when the amp is powered off.

I figured as much, but how would I go about wiring it all up? The fans go into the relay obviously which is connected to the switch. Where am I wiring what part to get power? Just a wire spliced into my power input? Also are there any models/brands you would recommend?

All you need is a 12 volt SPST relay. Connect your amp turn on wire from your deck to terminal 86 on the relay. Ground goes to terminal 85 on the relay. Your fan and amp will go on terminal 87 on the relay. Run a fused wire from your battery to terminal 30 on the relay.

I hope I got that right. Someone else please correct me if it's wrong.

just go under your steering wheel and find the red wire connected to your ignition and cut that and just splice into that wire... so that way every time you turn your key on the fans kick in! (simple fix! no relays involved!)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.