Participant count
  • Participant list

1ndatrunk
10+ year member

Can I live?
Close
Subwoofer/speaker brand:Sundown Audio

Subwoofer/speaker model, size, and number of woofers:6 SA-15s

Vehicle enclosure will be used in (please add notes if specific or unusual placement will be used):85 Chevy Suburban. No wall, behind second row

Max dimensions (MUST fit in vehicle or through trunk opening!):48w, 52d, 25h (can go taller if needed)

Amp or expected power handling:2 AQ3500.1s

Listening expectations (description):Loud/low. Hairtrick is a plus

What bandwidth is acceptable? 35-60hz high output, 30-80hz? Ignore if you do not understand25-60hz

How low do you want it to play and how important are the low notes (Song examples are encouraged)?The low note in "Put on" is acceptable. I'm not a number chaser

Are you looking for a heavy low end, or one that blends with the rest of the output?Semi-heavy

How important is sound quality compared to loudness? Louder the better

Enclosure type request (Are you looking for a vented or bandpass for any specific reason)?Vented

Any specific enclosure preferences (Double baffled, flush mount, center slot, blowthrough, home environment etc)?Double baffle, flush mount. Sub/port up is probably my only option, but I'd like to do port back if possible. Aeros are always an option, if they will help. I can get 10-12" sono-tubes from lowes and flare them

Other notes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou for submitting a request. Projected completion date is tomorrow (Saturday) to Sunday. I have a few designs ahead of you though I am waiting for further details.

Congrats ahead of time on the sweet build!

Thank you Sir. I'll be waiting. I edited the enclosure options also. I think I can use the sonotubes and get a smaller enclosure to be able to go sub up/port back

You have ample space, I wouldn't worry. The main thing will just be physically arranging the woofers within that space.

Still waiting on further information from other users, so your design was completed earlier than expected.

daabc53bc3cf04fb36a03cd052d78ab7.image.750x429.png

It can be found and purchased here: 6 SA-15s Vented - $15.00 : TheBoxHouse, Enclosure designs

Let me know if you have any questions, and enjoy!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

1ndatrunk

10+ year member
Can I live?
1ndatrunk
Close
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date