Demo RE Audio Jeep

Alright, built it this weekend, but changed it from 2 subs to just one, so now its around 5.2 ft^3, still tuned to 33 Hz, port length changed to 30" overall inches instead of 34". I also adjusted the angle of the seat, b/c it just wasnt comfortable during mock up.

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

braces make it look MUCH stronger!! but id of put some sort of design in the back headrest area, wrapped in coushin, and vynl... maybe cut out some RE logos in the MDF between the two seats? that would be cool.

you might be able to get a bench seat from the junkyard off an old truck (for the seat coushins \belts for really cheap. then just upholster them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

quick question, did you say that the port is going to use the 'rear of he jeep' as part of the physical port length?

im not too sure about that. you will prolly want to end up fiberglassing the back and connect it to the box... it would leak and not be very effective if im understanding you. but correct me if im wrong.

That is the idea, never tried it before, but Ill see when its all hooked up in the end. If that doesnt work too well, Ill just add a sheet of mdf to the back to extend the port. Im gonna do some designing on the box before it gets sprayed, just dont know what yet. Either adding some cushions on top of seat, or putting down foam and then covering it w/ something.

i would most certainly test it out before it gets sprayed.

and take a trip to the junkyard. you might be able to find some nice pre-shaped coushins (even if they have terrible upholstry it can be redone)

why not use the factory seat material to cover your cushions when you make them or you could get some covers that mastercraft or bestop makes for all the seats so they match just an idea

Yep, borrowed it from my buddy, I think Im gonna wait on the XMX, but might just get a XXX when I get the money figured out. Ive already decided to use the covering from the original back seat, trimming the foam down so its not so bulky, or might just use something else under the seat covering like some polyfill or pillows for just this weekend down in Destin. Ill be pushing 1342.1 watts to it with an MTX 81000d amp (borrowed also, waiting on RE's amps). Ill let you know how it sounds when I get it hooked up tomorrow, and Ill post pics when its all installed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.