Deliberately shorting a cars chassis?

lepht93
10+ year member

I just have a question,

If I connect a battery and jumper lead (just positive terminal) to somewhere on the cars chassis that would be connected to the cars negative, what would happen?

The car in questio would have a working battery, connected under the hood, and be OFF.

Thanks

Sounds like something that I would not do!!I would leave it alone and find someone that knows the difference between Poss/and Neg,so that the battery doesnt blow up on you/throwing battery acid all over you.It would hopefully blow the main battery fuse for the car fuse panel that under the hood/50-60amp??Yet battery still active ??Call road side assistance maybe they can help you ,or towing service as well??????????DONT DO IT,,I recommend

After thinking about this for a minute........ Why do I have a feeling the OP is some stalker or psychopath who's attempting to F with someone else's ride?

It's a simple electronics question. Ban me or not if I intend on doing it I'm gonna do it.

Call for a ban, sounds very censorship-communist to me. Unless I state I'm going to destroy something, that's just an assumption, hardly a fair reason to ban.

ok im going to cut to the chase. alot of oldschool car theives used to do this to short the accessory fuse and no worries on an alarm. you do it it will be illeagle . good luck

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pullover.gif.ac2de04a20ebe8c72a715e86e00c8c0d.gif:pullover://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pullover.gif.ac2de04a20ebe8c72a715e86e00c8c0d.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ban.gif.ce8465566702ef9f72e97e794ed1c86a.gif

He is talking about just shorting the + terminal of the battery to the chasis. OP, Odds are you would catch whatever wire you were using on fire. If the wire lasted long enough you will likely destroy your battery (though I suspect it wouldn't necessarily explode).

As far as shorting various things to disable alarms, that's like 1990 tech. PPL have been using fuses to their alarms long before they came with them to prevent these tricks.

As far as shorting various things to disable alarms, that's like 1990 tech. PPL have been using fuses to their alarms long before they came with them to prevent these tricks.
hint to the ''old'' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It's a simple electronics question. Ban me or not if I intend on doing it I'm gonna do it.Call for a ban, sounds very censorship-communist to me. Unless I state I'm going to destroy something, that's just an assumption, hardly a fair reason to ban.
You do not have to state anything.....if you do this, you WILL destroy something.

And the answer for your simple electronics question is even more simple.....try it and find out.

Now on the the real question....

Who are you...really....

AE's .....gotta love them.

Do the world a favor and hook up that battery to yourself. Negative to your ear and the positive to your balls.

Well, in short(lol!) you'd have a early 4th of july display the moment you make the connection. The wire you use will turn into red molten metal, and burn the $hit outta the hands you dont deserve to have.

Ban / thread.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.