Delete

What brand wire you running? Yes it makes a difference....and OFC.

Gain too high on amp can cause random amp shut off's too.

After stressing about all of this I honestly think it can be 1 of 3 things. 1.) The wiring kit is shot. 2.) The wiring inside the box of the sub might of came loose, which can mess with the impedance. 3.) The lc2i is faulty.

It seems like everything else I tried is not the problem. I really don't want to strip my whole car and sell everything. If someone has any insight on what they think it may be please let me know. I spent so much on this whole system, it's my hobby and I love my car and music so I want to fix this ASAP.

So, again, please someone contact me on here or dm me if you think there is something I may possibly be overlooking. I'd absolutely appreciate it so much, thanks guys!

I would start with the easiest solutions like redoing the ground and if that doesn’t work then run a new power wire or take just the lc2i out and have it tested or just return it for warranty if that’s an option.

I know Jersey gets snow obvi and I had to redo the ground on my old explorer back in the day due to corrosion front salt. Even though it’s summer it may have just now caught up

This might sound crazy but I had a remote wire get pinched and it made my amp do all kinds of crazy stuff. Since its such an easy thing to do I would jump a wire from your 12v to your remote and see if it still does it.

I would start with the easiest solutions like redoing the ground and if that doesn’t work then run a new power wire or take just the lc2i out and have it tested or just return it for warranty if that’s an option.
I know Jersey gets snow obvi and I had to redo the ground on my old explorer back in the day due to corrosion front salt. Even though it’s summer it may have just now caught up
This might sound crazy but I had a remote wire get pinched and it made my amp do all kinds of crazy stuff. Since its such an easy thing to do I would jump a wire from your 12v to your remote and see if it still does it.
Thank you guys for your input. I’m definitely going to try everything you both suggested. I’ll keep the thread updated. Appreciate the help !

As batteries get older, and especially in the heat, they lose their ability to hold a charge and also to support large electrical loads. If the batteries are getting old than you may want to test them or if they are 4 or more years old, just replace them. On those big bass hits, they may not support the large current surges they once did causing the voltage to dip a little more than before, which when below 12 volts, isn't good long term for the amplifiers.

I forgot to update this thread. After all the hours of stressing and trying to figure it out; checking the electrical, ground, loc, etc.. The sub was the damn problem, tinsel leads ripped...... No idea how the hell that could've happened, never really pushed it. Just my luck though.. Sold it as is for ~$260 shipped. Ordered an SP4 on August 29th. Cannot wait to get that monster in my possession!

Thanks for all the input/advice guys. Appreciate it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

delete

Delete
delete
Delete
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from