Delete

Waiting sux... LOL!.. but they say that good things come to those who wait... sure would be nice to have an online tool to get your order status... I'd mention it to them... couldn't be too hard to add to his site after all...
I definitely agree with you on that lol. Yea it would be nice if they had something where you can check for updates. Hopefully I'll be able to get in contact with him this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is NOT how you run an online business. Any more than 24 hours to reply to email is completely unacceptable.
That said, I've bought a couple amps from him back in the days when he was a youtube guy. He has been around car audio for a while and is a real enthusiast and I like to see him doing well with it, I doubt he is trying to burn any bridges.
Oh please cry me a river.. This is a "mom and pop" alt company we're talking about not a company with 100s of employees to answer emails and **** all day. "Any more than 24 hours to reply to email is completely unacceptable." easy to say that when you sit and search forums all day. Try answering 100s of emails everyday while trying to be a one man army building and shipping alts all day.

Anyone looking for an alt, Mike is a great choice. Just be patient with him, he's a busy man.

Mikes a great dude, I've bought plenty of alts from him. In fact I just paid a $1500 invoice last week for alternators from him. But one thing about Mike is I refuse to talk to him through email. Not only is he super busy but I'm super busy also so emails are just as slow as snail mail. I will only talk with Mike via text message or a call and he always gets back with me. I wouldn't worry too much man he's a busy guy.
Youre both super busy guys, but atleast you can get take the 2 minutes to get on here to respond to the thread.

Oh please cry me a river.. This is a "mom and pop" alt company we're talking about not a company with 100s of employees to answer emails and **** all day. "Any more than 24 hours to reply to email is completely unacceptable." easy to say that when you sit and search forums all day. Try answering 100s of emails everyday while trying to be a one man army building and shipping alts all day.

Anyone looking for an alt, Mike is a great choice. Just be patient with him, he's a busy man.
Nice try, kid, but I've been doing online retail far longer than Mike Singer. I was doing eBay since 2002 and was handling as much as 60-120 auctions per day with annual sales up around 300,000$ plus managing 50-100 auctions a week for a local charity and yes, that includes traveling to trade shows to buy inventory occasionally, packing, shipping, and everything else. About 70% of my sales were to regular customers, want to know how I got them and kept them? By being FAST and reliable.

I'm telling you buyers don't care if it's at night, weekend, holiday, if they live halfway around the world... they want their stupid questions answered instantly, they want to feel like they're the most important thing in the world to you, they want what they ordered at the speed of a McDonald's drive through and if you can't give them a tracking number or confirmation the next business day after they order you had best to at least contact them to explain the delay and let them know when you will ship.

At 100 sales per day it takes roughly 2 hours to respond to emails plus some time with tablet or phone while you're eating, on the toilet, or whenever you have a free minute, and as you ship orders it doesn't take long at all to copy/paste a note to the buyers.

I do less retail sales these days but recently I was hospitalized with a serious injury and I was emailing buyers from the hospital bed letting them know their order will be delayed.

Trust me when I say, fast communication is critical to successful online business. If you can't hack that then use a distributor or go punch a clock for a living.

Jump down off of Singer's nuts for a minute and look at the facts, OP paid almost a month ago and still hasn't got his product or any explanation of where it is or when he will see it. I'd have filed a claim day 10 if I didn't see my goods or some communication.

Nice try, kid, but I've been doing online retail far longer than Mike Singer. I was doing eBay since 2002 and was handling as much as 60-120 auctions per day with annual sales up around 300,000$ plus managing 50-100 auctions a week for a local charity and yes, that includes traveling to trade shows to buy inventory occasionally, packing, shipping, and everything else. About 70% of my sales were to regular customers, want to know how I got them and kept them? By being FAST and reliable.
I'm telling you buyers don't care if it's at night, weekend, holiday, if they live halfway around the world... they want their stupid questions answered instantly, they want to feel like they're the most important thing in the world to you, they want what they ordered at the speed of a McDonald's drive through and if you can't give them a tracking number or confirmation the next business day after they order you had best to at least contact them to explain the delay and let them know when you will ship.

At 100 sales per day it takes roughly 2 hours to respond to emails plus some time with tablet or phone while you're eating, on the toilet, or whenever you have a free minute, and as you ship orders it doesn't take long at all to copy/paste a note to the buyers.

I do less retail sales these days but recently I was hospitalized with a serious injury and I was emailing buyers from the hospital bed letting them know their order will be delayed.

Trust me when I say, fast communication is critical to successful online business. If you can't hack that then use a distributor or go punch a clock for a living.

Jump down off of Singer's nuts for a minute and look at the facts, OP paid almost a month ago and still hasn't got his product or any explanation of where it is or when he will see it. I'd have filed a claim day 10 if I didn't see my goods or some communication.
This guy understands customer service... ^^^...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I agree 100% that fast responses are the key to being successful. Nobody wants to wait anymore..with Amazon Prime, primenow, and other companies offering fast shipping...people usually pick the one with less wait time..even if it does cost a little more.

I bought an iraggi alt in 04...it just died on me...13 years later. I emailed them and got an instant response explaining the lifetime warranty, my upgrade otpions, etc. I sent it in and the day they got it they replied to me letting me know they got it and how I want to proceed. After I made my choices and paid, they started building the alt and have been in communication with me since day 1.

I don't care how good your product is..I would have canceled the order and went somewhere else. Waiting a month for a response is just bad business and I can assure you I won't ever do business with the company in question. 1 bad review is more degrading to a business than 10 good reviews..especially when there are so many options available to us..

How long did he quote you it would take?

This wasn't an off the shelf item so work has to be put into it...

people are in here taking **** how customer service must be 24hrs or less yet nobody in here is boycotting ssa or fi or even sundown (who imo has some of the best customer service out there) about their lead times or up to 3 days or longer to respond to an email

Op try Facebook it was said he checks that

Does anyone have a number to call him at

How long did he quote you it would take?This wasn't an off the shelf item so work has to be put into it...

people are in here taking **** how customer service must be 24hrs or less yet nobody in here is boycotting ssa or fi or even sundown (who imo has some of the best customer service out there) about their lead times or up to 3 days or longer to respond to an email

Op try Facebook it was said he checks that

Does anyone have a number to call him at
The issue isn't so much build time, but just keeping the buyer informed on the status and estimated time of completion.

That said, I have seen people advise against Fi products due to slow build times and people here say they wouldn't buy them because of the same slow build times.

I personally don't do business with Sundown anymore for this exact reason, they're just too big to care about my little 700-800$ orders and after they became unable to respond to my emails like they used to I stopped spending my money there. In the case of Sundown, they have moved more towards using distributors to deal with the volume they now sell which is fine. Their product is still solid and I'd be confident I wouldn't get ripped off from them, but there's always a newer or hungrier guy in this business that'll answer his phone nights and weekends and provide a more personal experience for those who value that.

I would never ever do business with someone with whom I needed to join faceberg to communicate. How do you have time to look at social media but not reply to emails from people who's money you took a month ago?

This is bad business plain and simple. Mike seems like a real enthusiast, good guy, and by all accounts his alternators are solid, but this needs to be sorted out.

As busy as Jacob (owner of Sundown) is running his business and building drivers, I have seen him plenty of times answer people's questions on the forums and on FB. I've even emailed him a few times and gotten a response a day or two later. Other people have, perhaps some other people haven't. I'm not choosing sides but just throwing out my $.02 out there.

Just seems more and more issues on the rise of after communication between buyer/company, they're more than happy to take your $$, but who's to say you'll ever hear back from them again.

Im a dealer and customer. Fb is best to get a quick response, mike is a busy guy. Just over a month and under 2 is a normal lead time based upon parts availability, im sure you didnt buy something simple like a gm case 270 which he can crank out in less than a day.

I ordered a custom denso style case for my car an mike usually responds within 1-3 days or when he has updates it's not like he is only working on 1 alt, I know he's a busy guy so if I send an email an haventvheard back on a few days I'll contact him on fb or re send the email incase he just missed it.

Im a dealer and customer. Fb is best to get a quick response, mike is a busy guy. Just over a month and under 2 is a normal lead time based upon parts availability, im sure you didnt buy something simple like a gm case 270 which he can crank out in less than a day.
Has time to check faceberg but no time to email guys who paid a month ago. Good luck with that business model.

We're talking about alternators...not Fi. That seems beyond ridiculous.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

delete

Delete
delete
Delete
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from