Delay Relay Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

cu1n811618

CarAudio.com Newbie
Guys I have an aftermarket USA-630 head unit. Just a very basic setup for my 79 c10 pickup, 2 front kick panel speakers and 2 rear 6x9s. Small amp to power them. The radio has a little turnoff pop when I turn the ignition off. To keep the radio running a few seconds while the amp powers down, I bought this Drok Relay Delay Timer. Can anyone help me wire this? I’m not good at this stuff and the directions have wires going everywhere lol. Thanks.

Timer Relay, DROK Time Delay Relay DC 5V 12V 24V Delay Controller Board Delay-off Cycle Timer 0.01s-9999mins Trigger Delay Switching Relay Module with LCD Display Support Micro USB 5V Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFT2WDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_JQ27058V5VQY9PVW2N5F

Can anyone help me wire this?
Screenshot_20220129-200721(1).png

The COM will go to the ground, no need to remove original ground
The NO (Normally Open) will go to the Radio's Red (keyed) wire.
Screenshot_20220129-200614(1).png

The Supply lines will go to a constant 12v fuse.
The High Level Trigger will go to a keyed 12v.
Ground to ground on both Supply and Trigger.
Screenshot_20220129-194340(1).png

Instructions. If unsure, YouTube the model number. There is a great explanation video of the setup.

Thank you so much. That all seems clear. I do have one question about your commment “ground to ground for supply and trigger.” Should I run a ground wire to those terminals as well?

Last edited:
Should I run a ground wire to those terminals as well?
I am unsure if all terminals need grounding, being that ground is common. Just seems redundant. Try grounding only the supply voltage to see if all works well. If not, just ground all to the same point. I think the trigger may need a ground because it may also use ground as a trigger.
On another note, you could share the radio's Yellow as the constant for the timer, and the unused Red from the Key as the trigger.

Last edited:
I do have a question, if you do not mind. How is the amp triggered? If it is by the radio's remote wire then the setup will not work. As long as the radio is powered, so will the remote wire.
I always add a rocker switch to my sub amps. Just in case I want to jam out for an extended period with the vehicle off. Maybe you could do the same with the main amp? You could also use 2 timers.
Scratch all that. You can use the keyed Red wire as the amp trigger.

Last edited:
I do have a question, if you do not mind. How is the amp triggered? If it is by the radio's remote wire then the setup will not work. As long as the radio is powered, so will the remote wire.
I always add a rocker switch to my sub amps. Just in case I want to jam out for an extended period with the vehicle off. Maybe you could do the same with the main amp? You could also use 2 timers.
Scratch all that. You can use the keyed Red wire as the amp trigger.
It is triggered by the remote wire. I have a rocker switch installed for my amp. And I can cut the amp off prior to cutting off the radio and it doesn’t pop. Just wanted an option where I don’t have to constantly turn the amp on and off manually. I also have a IRAD Wavetech laying around. Would it work?

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eM7f2...XwefYyMmQsQ1brjt-ECqeBqBHB3ECnaYaAqfCEALw_wcB

This is actually a better solution. Just connect the radio's Red wire to "Rem Out", and adjust the delay time. Where you cut the Red coming from the ignition, wire the 'Rem In" and the amp's remote wire.
Cut the remote wire and connect it directly from the amp? Or tie into the remote wire that is currently connected to the HU and connect that to the REM IN? I am assuming I cut it and then the key turn will kick on/off the amp. Just wanted to make sure.

I tested the radio with the ignition wire connected like you said. It delays the cutoff of the radio. Just gotta get the amp wire hooked up next. Thanks for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...