Deh-80prs

johnnydanja

canada
I've just started to put my system together and I need some help. I have a DEH-80PRS, 4 channel pioneer amp, infinity components up front, infinity 6x9 3 ways in the back, pioneer 10 sub in the back. Bare with me as I've never really done anything like this before. I was running the rca's from the 80 and noticed that I have front, rear and woofer outputs from the deck but my amp only has 2 sets of rca inputs and a set of outputs. What should I do here? Also, any help with settings on the deck and amp for this system would be really helpful.

Thanks.

posted in the wrong section. Sub amp is not necessary. you can run all of the speakers on the two front channels. although some say bridging other speakers with a passive crossover affects the crossover for the front components, you can put the front left and rear left on the front left channel (2 ohm load), the front right and the rear right on the right channel (2 ohm) and the sub bridged on the back two channels (4 ohm) and this is called 3 way. Amp will be putting out maximum power and run a lil hot but it should all be rated for it.

Ideally I'd like to do it with the 600w amp I currently have as I'd have to buy a new amp and I just bought this sub(TS-SWX251) but at the same time I don't want it to sound horrible after all the time and money i've put into it. Would I be able to run everything off the one amp and have it still sound good or would I have to buy another amp. The sub says its rated to 800w what size amp would I have to get should I buy a separate amp? Also, wiring help for all these options would be really helpful. In terms of doing it all on the amp. How do I wire two sets of speakers to one channel? and also in this case how do I run the rca's properly. As I said it has 3 rca outs, f, r, and sw and the amp itself only has 2 inputs. Second if I wire my rears off the HU how do I wire again with the rca's. The rears used to run to a stock amp in the car so I would run them to the hu and then attach them to the harness and also run a set of rca's to the amp? I assume this would require some tweaking of the settings to run it in both modes? Finally with the extra amp I assume you just run the sw rcas to the seperate amp and the f and r to the other amp. Seems a lot simpler but also a lot more costly and work. Thanks for your help any suggestions are welcome.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Sorry did I say 1 set rca inputs? I meant 2 input one output but I'm wondering what I do as the deck itself has 3 rca outs(f,r,sw)

So after some discussion I think it makes the most sense to go with a mono amp for the subs in order to get the most out of the hu. Thanks for everyone's help. I didn't really want to spend the extra money but it seems necessary.

Ok ,thanks. I actually just bought the GM-D8601. I think in terms of having the proper amount of channels and whatnot it just will be a better setup in the end. Thanks again.

One more question for you guys. I'm running 2 gauge wire from the battery to inside. If I use a power block and split the wire to both of the amps will the gauge be enough to power both?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

johnnydanja

johnnydanja
canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
tommydh