Deh 80prs failure

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
Sound keeps cutting in and out on all sources. My phone continues playing music, and the amp remains on without going into protect. It's not the speakers wire and I don't think it's the rcas because of the way they both cut in and out at the same time. Thoughts?

This began this morning driving work. Got out of the car and it wouldn't lock. Got back in it and it wouldn't turnover, not like the battery dying or starter clicking, nothing happened at all. Then I got a tick in the bottom back of my motor and in my fuse box. This persisted, along with the car electronics cutting on and off and the speedometer and tachometer stuttering. I pulled the power train fuse and it stopped. Out it back in and same thing happened. Triple A jumped me and I'm running now, but there's a lot of corrosion on the wet cell and under hood. Agm in the trunk is fine. Charging at 14.7. What would cause this to happen? I just got home and it is happening again. ******* tired of this car I'm about to junk it

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Check all the wiring in the harness. Something is loose. Fix it before it shorts out.
Read the next part because it can't be a coincidence that this all happens at once

This began this morning driving work. Got out of the car and it wouldn't lock. Got back in it and it wouldn't turnover, not like the battery dying or starter clicking, nothing happened at all. Then I got a tick in the bottom back of my motor and in my fuse box. This persisted, along with the car electronics cutting on and off and the speedometer and tachometer stuttering. I pulled the power train fuse and it stopped. Out it back in and same thing happened. Triple A jumped me and I'm running now, but there's a lot of corrosion on the wet cell and under hood. Agm in the trunk is fine. Charging at 14.7. What would cause this to happen? I just got home and it is happening again. ******* tired of this car I'm about to junk it 

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Read the next part because it can't be a coincidence that this all happens at once
There's your answer.

I'm going to clean them off when I get the car back from the dealer ship. I think there's something more serious than a bad battery so I brought it in to inspection

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
loudenuff
WA gwon?
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from